Enpass Discussion Forum

Start Enpass on windows using Fingerprint or PIN instead of Password

tj1n3tck

I really wish i can log into Enpass with Fingerprint or PIN instead of password every time the app starts up. especially when starting my lap up. 
Hope this feature can be added

Bitwarden has this feature and is very handy in signing in.

Also the ability to type passwords in any field , even in non browser entrys. Like KeepassXC

• Like 1

Indeed we already have this feature, to quickly access Enpass with a PIN or biometrics, making the Master Password necessary only when launching the App: Microsoft Store version of Enpass for Windows (v6.5.0 or later) supports Quick unlocking with Windows Hello. To enable this feature:

1-The device must have a security processor, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0, and it should be enabled.
2-Enpass must have a Master Password set.
3-Then you can enable Windows Hello in Enpass by going to App Settings>select Security>Quick Unlock section, select and set up the Quick Unlock method of your choice.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's my point. 

Every time i restart my lap, i have to enter the entire password. 

Then i can use PIN everytime. 

I was asking is it possible to use PIN always even when starting up. 

Something that Bitwarden has. 

It is specific to the device. I can't use that PIN on another device. 

Also any possibility to enter password on non browser fields? By auto type? 

Thanks a lot for the response. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 9:52 AM, Mohit Thapa said:

Indeed we already have this feature, to quickly access Enpass with a PIN or biometrics, making the Master Password necessary only when launching the App: Microsoft Store version of Enpass for Windows (v6.5.0 or later) supports Quick unlocking with Windows Hello. To enable this feature:

1-The device must have a security processor, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0, and it should be enabled.
2-Enpass must have a Master Password set.
3-Then you can enable Windows Hello in Enpass by going to App Settings>select Security>Quick Unlock section, select and set up the Quick Unlock method of your choice.

This should be standard across all editions!