Enpass Discussion Forum

Browser requesting the data is not code signed if Firefox/Floorp installed in not default location.

noizo

After installing firefox/floorp with brew in to not default location:

brew install floorp --appdir "~/Applications/"

I'm receiving this message:

Browser requesting the data is not code signed. You can share the following diagnostics with us at support@enpass.io.

If i move it to /Applications/Floorp.app everything works as expected.

Same is happening with firefox.

Edited by noizo
formatting

• noizo changed the title to Browser requesting the data is not code signed if Firefox/Floorp installed in not default location.

Yeah, after disabling it, i removed previously authorized browser and add it again during extension launch. It works now, but is it a good practice to disable code signature? And why same browser with same signature works fine with extension in /Applications, and fails to work in ~/Applications

While I can't really speak on that behalf, I can share my thoughts:

1. ~/Applications might not be a default location therefore the verification is invalid - most users I suppose install in /Applications. It also could be a browser related issue, have you tested it with another install in the same locations, how the behaviour is then?

2. Disabling the verification is something I know from my past Windows experience is also kinda common practice with certain drivers. So I don't see any bad issue, as you pro-actively have to accept the connection still.

In my eyes the code verification is only to ensure for the common user, that the connection between Enpass and browser is more secure. Users with advanced linux / OS knowledge I assume can differentiate between whats good and whats bad, so disabling seems no issue for me here.