Enpass Discussion Forum

Imported from 1PW but cannot view or open imported attachments

AlphaFox

This has been been discussed here before but have not found an answer - it was painless to import from an older version of 1PW, but the imported notes and pdfs are there but there's nothing I can do with them - I can not view them. From previous posts, looks like this problem has existed for a long time, has it been fixed? and what is the solution?

Thanks.

I understand your issue, and I'll be glad to assist you with this. To proceed with our investigation effectively, could you please provide the following details:

1. Enpass version and the operating system (OS) version of your device.
  2. The version of 1Password from which you were trying to export data, and please specify the format in which you exported the data from 1Password.

Once you provide these details, I'll be better equipped to assist you in resolving the problem.

Thanks Amamdeep, I'm using the latest version of Enpass from the App Store (v6.9.5). I imported the data from 1Password version 6.8.9 in .1pif format. All pw and attachments imported fine, the notes show up fine but attachments (pdf's or text files) cannot be viewed or opened, however, I can save the file to anywhere else like the desktop and view it. This is on Mac Studio and and also on a iMac with the latest Sonoma (14.3).

I'd like to clarify that currently on desktop, Enpass can open a viewer for image and text (TXT) files only. For other file formats, you need to download the file first and then open it with the appropriate software.

Could you please confirm if you're experiencing issues opening TXT files as well? Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm here to help!

Enpass does not open any attachments. Text files from 1PW that were in Notes show up fine and are editable. Attachment files from 1PW like images, or pdf's correctly ended up in the Attachments for each entry in Enpass, the files are listed but cannot click on them to view them.  When clicking on the three dots to the right, all that comes up is a Save button that saves the file anywhere else, then it can be viewed outside of Enpass, but cannot be opened / viewed  within Enpass. See screencap:

Screenshot2024-04-12at10_33_45AM.thumb.png.d6025c9b048c4b29e9f582e2b14c2df5.png

Just ran a test adding an attachment file to a new entry in Enpass and it works as expected, that file is viewable within Enpass, when clicking on the three dots, now the attachment has the added "Open" option along with the "Save" option. So it seems that imported attachment files cannot be opened, but newly created ones can.  Here's the test screencap:

Screenshot2024-04-12at11_00_42AM.png.fef0e2c57fad13d39c6aa0f3b3fa3cd0.png

Thanks.