Enpass Discussion Forum

Changing Data Location

John Hind

I have Enpass Password Manager (5.6.17 (5428) Windows under evaluation for a switch from 1Password. I have become fed up with the latter's opaque data storage policies and constant pressure towards cloud/subscription. I want my data on (and only on) a removable USB drive. Manual suggests I can change the Enpass data location in Tools/Settings/Advanced, but the "change location" button is missing on my machine:

enpass.png.d882c95f97e53279f2a587fef1698b11.png

So how can I change the location?

• 5 months later...

Hey @Danny D

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to share that Windows Store apps can access data only from their sandboxed container and it's not possible to change the default location.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:21 PM, John Hind said:

I want my data on (and only on) a removable USB drive. Manual suggests I can change the Enpass data location in Tools/Settings/Advanced, but the "change location" button is missing on my machine:

Well, in this case, I recommend you to please use the Traditional version (downloaded from Enpass website), where it has the option to change the default location. Please have a look at our blog to know their different functionality and feature.

Hope this helps!