Enpass Discussion Forum

After update to 6.0.0 nothing work

ionik

Hello,

I have updated to the 6.0.0 like my chrome extension need.

But after restart, and master password it say in french "Il semble y avoir un problème avec la mise a jour des données", so i have nothing work ....

Please help me.

If you can send a link to 5.x for backup all my password and reset and import backup, it's good.

Thanks.

Hi @ionik,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Please quit Enpass app and go to Enpass data folder in your system. It is usually stored in Documents folder. Take a copy of walletx.db file as this is your main database. Now rename/delete Enpass folder and start Enpass again. Choose restore from backup file option and pick previously taken copy of walletx.db. 

Optionally, if you have synced data to a cloud previously, you can follow this FAQ to restore it. 

I wrote already the instruction which exists in FAQ reffers to the fucnction which do not exists. I browse enpass 6 since an hour and there is no "local storage" or "restore from backup" function in any place of the menu. Could you please write here, the chain of buttons  menu  I have to click in order to find mysterious "restore from the backup " button ?

3 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @Michal,

Please use this FAQ to reset your Enpass to show welcome screen where you can restore your data.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @ionik,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Please quit Enpass app and go to Enpass data folder in your system. It is usually stored in Documents folder. Take a copy of walletx.db file as this is your main database. Now rename/delete Enpass folder and start Enpass again. Choose restore from backup file option and pick previously taken copy of walletx.db. 

Optionally, if you have synced data to a cloud previously, you can follow this FAQ to restore it. 

3 minutes ago, Michał said:

I wrote already the instruction which exists in FAQ reffers to the fucnction which do not exists. I browse enpass 6 since an hour and there is no "local storage" or "restore from backup" function in any place of the menu. Could you please write here, the chain of buttons  menu  I have to click in order to find mysterious "restore from the backup " button

Maximize the Enpass window and it appears when you start Enpass.

Edited by plinni

@Michal

Goto Settings->Advanced->Erase Everything and provide master password.

This will reset Enpass to fresh state and will show welcome screen.

Choose Backup File option and locate a file downloaded from your cloud account as per this FAQ.

Provide master password for your data and Enpass import your data.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

@Michal

Goto Settings->Advanced->Erase Everything and provide master password.

This will reset Enpass to fresh state and will show welcome screen.

Choose Backup File option and locate a file downloaded from your cloud account as per this FAQ.

Provide master password for your data and Enpass import your data.

Thanks.

Vinod

yes this instruction  partially works hovever its far from what is written on FAQ.

Nevertheless when I followed what you wrote,  when selecting backup file and running restore the final result is sudden crash with no any visible sign of it. Enpass just desapeare. 
When trying to launch enpass again, the following screen appeares

3.PNG

1 minute ago, Vinod Kumar said:

@Michal, Please send report us with a comment. This will help us to analyze what went wrong and release a fix soon. I am extremely sorry for inconvenience caused.

I did it already. However I do not understand how I get the feedback since I wasnt logged to enpas wehn creating the report?

1 minute ago, Michał said:

I did it already. However I do not understand how I get the feedback since I wasnt logged to enpas wehn creating the report?

And please acknowledge its BIG desaster for me. Im currently cutted of from my bank accounts, media providers etc. Its of course my stupidity I put so much trust in the company like you, but it do not release you from responsibility of doing such harm !

Why didnt you allow users to work on older version unless the new one is tested by them ?