Jump to content
ionik

After update to 6.0.0 nothing work

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have updated to the 6.0.0 like my chrome extension need.

But after restart, and master password it say in french "Il semble y avoir un problème avec la mise a jour des données", so i have nothing work ....

Please help me.

If you can send a link to 5.x for backup all my password and reset and import backup, it's good.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @ionik,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Please quit Enpass app and go to Enpass data folder in your system. It is usually stored in Documents folder. Take a copy of walletx.db file as this is your main database. Now rename/delete Enpass folder and start Enpass again. Choose restore from backup file option and pick previously taken copy of walletx.db. 

Optionally, if you have synced data to a cloud previously, you can follow this FAQ to restore it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no restore function in that whole 6.0 application. HGow can i try to restore if there is no restore option in the menu ? instruction on FAQ  shows screen wchih do nort extst in enpass 6.0!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wrote already the instruction which exists in FAQ reffers to the fucnction which do not exists. I browse enpass 6 since an hour and there is no "local storage" or "restore from backup" function in any place of the menu. Could you please write here, the chain of buttons  menu  I have to click in order to find mysterious "restore from the backup " button ?

 

3 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @Michal,

Please use this FAQ to reset your Enpass to show welcome screen where you can restore your data.

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @ionik,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Please quit Enpass app and go to Enpass data folder in your system. It is usually stored in Documents folder. Take a copy of walletx.db file as this is your main database. Now rename/delete Enpass folder and start Enpass again. Choose restore from backup file option and pick previously taken copy of walletx.db. 

Optionally, if you have synced data to a cloud previously, you can follow this FAQ to restore it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michał said:

I wrote already the instruction which exists in FAQ reffers to the fucnction which do not exists. I browse enpass 6 since an hour and there is no "local storage" or "restore from backup" function in any place of the menu. Could you please write here, the chain of buttons  menu  I have to click in order to find mysterious "restore from the backup " button

 

Maximize the Enpass window and it appears when you start Enpass.

Edited by plinni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Michal

Goto Settings->Advanced->Erase Everything and provide master password.

This will reset Enpass to fresh state and will show welcome screen.

Choose Backup File option and locate a file downloaded from your cloud account as per this FAQ.

Provide master password for your data and Enpass import your data.

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vinod Kumar said:

@Michal

Goto Settings->Advanced->Erase Everything and provide master password.

This will reset Enpass to fresh state and will show welcome screen.

Choose Backup File option and locate a file downloaded from your cloud account as per this FAQ.

Provide master password for your data and Enpass import your data.

Thanks.

 

Vinod

 

yes this instruction  partially works hovever its far from what is written on FAQ.

Nevertheless when I followed what you wrote,  when selecting backup file and running restore the final result is sudden crash with no any visible sign of it. Enpass just desapeare. 
When trying to launch enpass again, the following screen appeares

3.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vinod Kumar said:

@Michal, Please send report us with a comment. This will help us to analyze what went wrong and release a fix soon. I am extremely sorry for inconvenience caused.

I did it already. However I do not understand how I get the feedback since I wasnt logged to enpas wehn creating the report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Michał said:

I did it already. However I do not understand how I get the feedback since I wasnt logged to enpas wehn creating the report?

And please acknowledge its BIG desaster for me. Im currently cutted of from my bank accounts, media providers etc. Its of course my stupidity I put so much trust in the company like you, but it do not release you from responsibility of doing such harm !

Why didnt you allow users to work on older version unless the new one is tested by them ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...