Jump to content
MisterT

Webdav space encoding issue on Linux 6.0.3

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Trying to setup an alternate vault on my Linux Enpass, using a local OwnCloud server, I'm currently facing an issue due to space encoding in URL.

my URL is :

https://myowncloudserver/

my username is :

John Doe

        (yes, with a "space" between both words)

Directory where I store my vaults is :

Vaults

So I configured the following URL for the vault in my Linux Enpass :

https://myowncloudserver/remote.php/dav/files/John Doe/Vaults/

... failed !

I looked at the logs on my owncloud server:

192.168.0.250 - - [26/Jan/2019:10:48:19 +0100] "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/John%2520Doe/Vaults/ HTTP/1.1" 401 4489 "-" "-"
192.168.0.250 - John Doe [26/Jan/2019:10:48:19 +0100] "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/John%2520Doe/Vaults/ HTTP/1.1" 404 1356 "-" "-"     

Pay attention to the "space" encoding... it has been translated as "%2520" instead of simply "%20"

This is what happens when you try to encode "%20" again... The "%" is encoded as "%25".

I concluded that, on my Linux version, Enpass is encoding twice the URL...

First time : " " --> "%20"

Second time : "%20" --> "%2520"

 

I have exactly the same setup on my Windows 7 laptop, with a different version of Enpass.

And it works fine !

Logs on my owncloud server are significant:

192.168.0.250 - - [26/Jan/2019:10:52:17 +0100] "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/John%20Doe/Vaults/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 401 4924 "-" "-"
192.168.0.250 - John Doe [26/Jan/2019:10:52:17 +0100] "PROPFIND /remote.php/dav/files/John%20Doe/Vaults/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 207 1734 "-" "-"            │

 

Enpass Linux version : 6.0.3 (263)  --> KO

Enpass Windows version : 6.0.0 (230) --> OK

So, what is the problem ? Linux versus Windows ? 6.0.3 versus 6.0.0 ?

 

Thanks in advance for your help,

Edited by MisterT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional info :

On Linux version 6.0.0, it works fine

Enpass Linux version : 6.0.0 --> OK

 

Note that I had to replace the space in the URL with %20:

https://myowncloudserver/remote.php/dav/files/John%20Doe/Vaults/

This works on 6.0.0.

It does not work on 6.0.3 (the owncloud logs show : ... John%25%2520Doe...)

Edited by MisterT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to another discussion on this forum, I could solve my issue...

 

Not that Enpass corrected the problem, but there is a much simpler way of defining the URL, using WEBDAV instead of DAV.

Difference is that WEBDAV does not require you to enter your username in the URL (so, my "white space" issue is no longer a problem)... It connects with your credentials, and its home directory is your Cloud home directory.

So the syntax to use for the synchro URL is :

https://<myowncloudserver>/remote.php/webdav/<directory>/

So now, this is solved for me !

(tested on Linux & Windows, on versions 6.0.0 and 6.0.3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have exactly the same issue like MisterT. I used %20 in Version 6.0.0 (macOS) now in Version 6.0.3 (macOS) this is no more working.

Edited by MisterJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm this coding issue. I can make the webdav sync from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to Alfresco server. The android phone and tablet not able due to space coding issue in URL.

The log recorded this for sync request from Android:

192.168.1.40 - - [05/Feb/2019:22:20:18 +0000] "PROPFIND /alfresco/webdav/User%252520Homes/kecskes/Security/ HTTP/1.1" 401 5
192.168.1.40 - - [05/Feb/2019:22:20:18 +0000] "PROPFIND /alfresco/webdav/User%252520Homes/kecskes/Security/ HTTP/1.1" 404 1047

The space coding should be '%20' instead of '%252520'

The log record for desktop sync is correct:

192.168.1.146 - - [05/Feb/2019:22:17:14 +0000] "GET /alfresco/webdav/User%20Homes/kecskes/Security/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 401 5
192.168.1.146 - - [05/Feb/2019:22:17:14 +0000] "GET /alfresco/webdav/User%20Homes/kecskes/Security/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 200 234496

Please fix the Android app as soon as possible because this is unusable and just wasted my money.

Desktop: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with Enpass 6.0.1 (239)

Android: Enpass 6.0.3 (195)

Server: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server in LXC container with Alfresco 6 Community Edition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After today update on Linux desktop client the newest version (6.0.4) reached the quality level of the android application.

The newest log event for webdav sync:

192.168.1.146 - - [12/Feb/2019:11:26:09 +0000] "PROPFIND /alfresco/webdav/User%2520Homes/kecskes/Private/Security/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 401 5
192.168.1.146 - - [12/Feb/2019:11:26:09 +0000] "PROPFIND /alfresco/webdav/User%2520Homes/kecskes/Private/Security/Enpass/vault.enpassdbsync HTTP/1.1" 404 1047

Great job, if the plan is to ruin the reputation of the software. I thought after reporting the Android sync issue you focus to fix it but the reality the bug spreads to all platform. OK, that's my problem. :/

It's time to start testing the apps at the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...