Jump to content
zero7404

looking to migrate from Ascendo Datavault

Recommended Posts

hello,

I'm looking to migrate to something more up to date than what I have now (Ascendo Datavault). I have some questions, any feedback or answers is greatly appreciated .... thank you

 

i like the notion of having seperate vaults, but don't like how i cannot use the same cloud service. any plans for that to be changed in the near future ?

i have no problem buying the individual platform apps (windows/mac/ios/android), but noticed on this forum that it seems when a new version comes out, i must pay to upgrade ?

if i choose not to pay to upgrade, are software updates to fix bugs or security issues still pushed to the version(s) i own, for how long ?

are there various encryption options i can choose for my vault ? 

what are the size limitations of any attachments, are there limitations to what file types can be stored ?

with datavault, i have a direct device-to-device sync option (while both devices are connected to wifi), does enpass have that also (example: sync enpass on phone to enpass desktop app) ?

i did notice that in the iOS app i could not apply Tags to items I created, but on the desktop app i was able to and those tags sync'd to the items and appeared in the iOS app, is that a bug ?

 

Thanks .... i plan to trial enpass side-by-side with datavault for some months before i am comfortable enough switching over completely. time is the best test to get a good feel for the app's usefulness and value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

i like the notion of having seperate vaults, but don't like how i cannot use the same cloud service. any plans for that to be changed in the near future ?

As for now it's only possible with Nextcloud / WebDAV.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

i have no problem buying the individual platform apps (windows/mac/ios/android), but noticed on this forum that it seems when a new version comes out, i must pay to upgrade ?

Not quite correct, it's only the impression because there was at least one feature (I'm aware of) that was previously available for free and after v6 update was made a premium option. But the updates themself are still free.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

are there various encryption options i can choose for my vault ? 

No, there is only one option. Here you can find some more details about encryption.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

with datavault, i have a direct device-to-device sync option (while both devices are connected to wifi), does enpass have that also (example: sync enpass on phone to enpass desktop app) ?

WiFi sync was a part of Enpass 5 (please correct me if I'm wrong). I think it's not ready yet for the v6 and will be available in future updates.

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

i did notice that in the iOS app i could not apply Tags to items I created, but on the desktop app i was able to and those tags sync'd to the items and appeared in the iOS app, is that a bug ?

On iOS you have to add a comma after you typed in you tag. Maybe there will be an improvement in the future:

 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, zero7404 said:

i plan to trial enpass side-by-side with datavault for some months before i am comfortable enough switching over completely.

Just have in mind that Enpass is unfortunately still in kind of beta status and has a lot of small bugs. But hopefully will become a good solution in the next month's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×