Enpass Discussion Forum

Unverified Developer? This should be resolved

dave555

I love Enpass and use it daily.  However, recently, I received a scary message on my android regarding potential security risks with Enpass.

After a bit of digging around, it appears that Enpass is a bit secretive on its developer information.  The security problem is that the Enpass app has not gone thru the proper measures to verify the developer.  This may not be a biggie for some apps, but for a program that is securing sensitive info that hackers would love to get a hold of, the developer should not be afraid of providing their information publicly.  This shows confidence in the company and not potential hiding from something.

I hope this can be resolved or I will need to start looking for a PM that can prove it is trustworthy with my sensitive info.

4 hours ago, dave555 said:

I love Enpass and use it daily.  However, recently, I received a scary message on my android regarding potential security risks with Enpass.

After a bit of digging around, it appears that Enpass is a bit secretive on its developer information.  The security problem is that the Enpass app has not gone thru the proper measures to verify the developer.  This may not be a biggie for some apps, but for a program that is securing sensitive info that hackers would love to get a hold of, the developer should not be afraid of providing their information publicly.  This shows confidence in the company and not potential hiding from something.

I hope this can be resolved or I will need to start looking for a PM that can prove it is trustworthy with my sensitive info.

Where did the scary message originate from?  Speaking only for the Play store all the developer info is right there for all to see.