Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass Extension Keyboard Navigation

Michael

Just updated to the new Enpass. I love the details view, but is there no way to get there without using the mouse?

Here's an example workflow I would have naturally expected to work. (1-3 already work; can we get keyboard shortcuts for 4-6?)

1. Hit my hotkey to bring up the extension.
  2. Start entering my search term.
  3. Hit the down arrow to get to my search item.
  4. Hit the right arrow to view details (hitting left arrow when viewing details should go back).
  5. Hit down to select what I want to copy (maybe TOTP).
  6. Hit enter to copy to clipboard (an the extension closes).
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Just updated to the new Enpass. I love the details view, but is there no way to get there without using the mouse?

Here's an example workflow I would have naturally expected to work. (1-3 already work; can we get keyboard shortcuts for 4-6?)

1. Hit my hotkey to bring up the extension.
  2. Start entering my search term.
  3. Hit the down arrow to get to my search item.
  4. Hit the right arrow to view details (hitting left arrow when viewing details should go back).
  5. Hit down to select what I want to copy (maybe TOTP).
  6. Hit enter to copy to clipboard (an the extension closes).

I agree with you on the frist 4 (1-4). Number 4 would be cool.

But for 5 and 6 I would use the standard copy shortcut (Crtl+C or Cmd+C).

To give you an example: I hit the right arrow to view the details, then with the up and down arrow i select the value which I want to copy. Then I press Crtl+C and I have the value copied. So long as I have specified in the settings (in my case 15 seconds).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the 5.2.2 beta it looks like we can now use the shortcuts to copy the username and password. Can we also get a keyboard shortcut to copy the current TOTP code? That would cover the main things we need to use Enpass without the mouse.

Edited by Michael

Hey Michael! Thanks for your suggestion. I would like to let you know that the implementation of this feature is already in progress. Although we are trying our best to release this feature asap, but still it won't make up in the next update. But I can assure you that in the succeeding updates, you'll definitely get to enjoy this feature.