Enpass Discussion Forum

Windows Chrome extension: request to change all data?

My extension is been disabled (by chrome?).   That's no big deal.  I just don't understand the Chrome pop-up.

See the screenshot. 

Am I really being asked to change all my data on all the websites I visit?

To me, this would imply that a security breach has occurred.

If not, what am I being requested to do exactly and why?

Capture-enmpass.PNG

Edited by MisterD
proof reading fix

Hi @MisterD and @RomanZ,

Read and change all your data on the websites you visit.

This is the old permission you already provided to Enpass extension and is a must requirement.

Change your privacy related settings.

Enpass extension will now suppress the annoying chrome save password popup if you are using Enpass extension for autofilling and saving your passwords. Hence, this permission is required.

Cheers:)

@Vinod Kumar I'm getting this prompt as well. Maybe I did approve the same permissions before, but getting a popup like this really dose raise suspicion, and I, like MisterD, wondered if the extension had been compromised.

You should probably look into why it is prompting people for the permissions again.

Hi @Jakob,

1 hour ago, Jakob said:

You should probably look into why it is prompting people for the permissions again.

Whenever we add a permission to extension , Chrome shows the permission dialog with all permissions regardless of they are granted previously.

There seems to be lot of confusion with our users on various support channels. So, we have taken back this fix (Chrome default autofill/autosave popup suppression) and released a new version without the fix. If this fix was important for you, please disable chrome built-in password manager manually.

Thanks.