Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync Windows 7 PC with iCloud

ErnstB

I want to sync iPhone7plus with iCloud and PC Windows 7 64bit.

After installing your Windows Program and the manual I see, that for iCloud syncing "Enpass downloaded from MAC App Store only" is required, which I cannot find on any Apple store.

1. How do I sync best between iPhone, iCloud and PC (w/o WiFi)?

2. Ca anybody confirm, that syncing between iPhone and iCloud means backuping my Enpass data on iCloud

3. with synced Enpass program on PC can I backup Enpass data locally on my PC?

Thanks for any response

Ernst

Hi @ErnstB

Thanks for writing in. First of all, I would like to share that currently, iCloud sync is supported only in Apple Devices. So if you are using Enpass in other platforms (Windows 7 in your case) then please choose another available cloud options to sync. For more details please go through the given link.

18 hours ago, ErnstB said:

1. How do I sync best between iPhone, iCloud and PC (w/o WiFi)?

I'm afraid to say I don't understand completely what you actually want to say? Does it mean syncing Enpass data on iCloud without using WiFi? Then I'm sorry to say that's not possible.

2. Ca anybody confirm, that syncing between iPhone and iCloud means backuping my Enpass data on iCloud

Yes, for more details please check out this FAQ.         

3. with synced Enpass program on PC can I backup Enpass data locally on my PC?

Yes, you can manually take the backup of Enpass data. So, to do so please Go to File --> Click on Backup. However, Enpass automatically takes regular backup of your data, please check out our user manual for more details.

Hope this helps!

Great and fast reply and super service to get your detailed reply by email! Thank you!

Not understandig my questions might be a language problem, I obviously am not an English native, sorry.

I have an iPhone 7plus which can access iCloud and dropbox and I have a PC Windows 7 which has also access to dropbox by cable internet (no WiFi).

Does the above constellation with a Windows Enpass program on my PC allows sync between the iPhone and the PC over dropbox and also allows to edit any data on my Windows PC (much easier) to have them on my iPhone finally?

If yes, how much space is usually tken by the backup file in the cloud?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Ernst

Hi @ErnstB,

Thanks for writing back.

20 hours ago, ErnstB said:

I have an iPhone 7plus which can access iCloud and dropbox and I have a PC Windows 7 which has also access to dropbox by cable internet (no WiFi).

Does the above constellation with a Windows Enpass program on my PC allows sync between the iPhone and the PC over dropbox and also allows to edit any data on my Windows PC (much easier) to have them on my iPhone finally?

Yes, you can! For this, you have to configure sync with same Dropbox account on all devices. For more details regarding sync have a look at our user manual.

20 hours ago, ErnstB said:

If yes, how much space is usually tken by the backup file in the cloud?

It depends on the number of items and number of attachments in the Enpass. A typical Enpass database file size (without attachments) is less than 1MB.

Hope this helps!