Enpass Discussion Forum

Unable to restore from Icloud

Vipul

Hey @Vipul,

Welcome to the forums.

To sync with iCloud, please create a new vault with the same Master password as that of the data on iCloud. After creating the new vault, setup sync with iCloud and check. If the issue persists, share the following details:

• Enpass version you're using.
  • OS version and the device details.
  • Are the date/time settings set to Automatic on your device?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

After setting up the new vault - It never opens the icloud login page on clicking 'Setup sync' - Attached is the image

Enpass details -

Version - 6.3.3 (584)

Date & time settings are automatic & set as - time.asia.apple.com

OS Version - Catalina MacOs 10.15.2 (19C57)

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 1.17.58 AM.png

Edited by Vipul
Adding further details

Hey @Vipul,

9 hours ago, Vipul said:

After setting up the new vault - It never opens the icloud login page on clicking 'Setup sync'

Check the default browser on your system. Try changing it from Safari to Chrome or any other browser. Let us know if that opens the iCloud login page, and if you're able to setup sync.

Thanks.

Hey @PeterCH,

Thanks for posting your concern.

On 1/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, PeterCH said:

It is just using the actual credentials and I don’t have the chance to enter the new login details from my son

It probably seems that the cloud account details are already entered on the default browser of the device. E.g. If you're using OneDrive to sync, open OneDrive login site on the default browser of your device and check if you're already logged in with an account. If Yes, please sign-out and uncheck the Signed-In check box.

Once you sign-out from the account, Enpass will then ask you for the cloud account details you wish to sync with.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks.

Dear Kashish

Thank you for your quick reply. 

This did not help. Somehow it keeps the connection to the onedrive of my wife, with which I have the connection to her vault.

I’m In no other application connected to her OneDrive.

Best regards,

peter

• 1 month later...

No wonder I should setup my own dev,qa,sta,pre-prod ENV, Before I go ahead and update stuff.

I was not able to open the page on Safari, So the latest update ( Before this Version ) came by & It all started working. After release. 6.4.1 (642) - It stopped working again. I changed the browser's & Made Chrome the default, it opens the page on Chrome, But after logging - I have faced error code attached as a screenshot.

Can this be resolved, I also advised, A proper testing should be there before these releases go out - A lot of dissatisfied customers from Enpass have moved on.

Screenshot 2020-04-02 at 4.33.37 PM.png

@Vipul Did you update Enpass to the latest version 6.4.1 on Mac? Try installing Enpass from a different source. Example: if you're using an app based installation, please install Enpass from the website or vice-versa and then sync with iCloud. Make sure to back up the data before uninstalling the app.