Enpass Discussion Forum

Problem with Enpass Version 5.5.6

Bonsi

Hi,

i'm running Enpass here on multiple devices. Today i've experiencd the following Problem with 5.5.6:

On WIndows 10, Enpass didn't accept my Master password.

Tried it on other devices -> worked, typed in password in Notepad, worked. Stopped Enpass, deleted local database, resynced with GDrive -> working again.

What could've caused that and how can i debug this if it happens the next time?

Hi @Bonsi

That's unnatural!

One of the possible reason might be that when you are typing the master password, the keyboard layout is somehow changed. To look further into this issue I'm going to need a little help from your side. So, please let me know:

• Which version (Website or App Store) of Enpass are you using?
  • Which keyboard layout are you using?
  • What is your preferred language in Enpass?
  • Are you using any special characters in your Master Password and have you changed the default location (User document folder) on your PC?

Thanks for your co-operation!

• Like 1

Hi again and sorry for the delay

This just happened again.

• Which version (Website or App Store) of Enpass are you using? - Website
  • Which keyboard layout are you using? - German Layout 
  • What is your preferred language in Enpass? - German
  • Are you using any special characters in your Master Password and have you changed the default location (User document folder) on your PC? - No, no special Chars and Location is not changed

To fix this i stopped enpass, deleted the settings and after starting again i synced them back using Google Drive.

One thing though - i've recently switched from Google Drive to the new "Backup & Sync"-Client from google - may this be the cause?

And one other: Is there a debugging-option to generate some Logfile for you to analyze? ^^

Hi @Bonsi

Thanks for writing back and sharing the details. It's a very rare issue and our testing team is looking into this issue. 

For Testing Purpose:

Please disable sync with Backup & Sync Client and check if you are facing the same problem.

Also, please drop us an email at support@enpass.io mentioning a link to this discussion. We might need to send a debug tool to you for further investigation.

Thanks for your co-operation!

I get this also. At least three times now I find the Windows desktop edition will not take my password. I am synching through Google Drive. The same database will work fine on my Mac and on my iPhone. I have to restore from backup. I don't understand it because if the Windows desktop Enpass is corrupting the database then how come it will still work fine on my other devices?