Enpass Discussion Forum

Auto Backup location cannot be changed

Vinceke

Hey @Vinceke

Welcome to the forum!

There is a possibility of changing Enpass data location on Enpass version downloaded from the website. Although the option to change data location downloaded from the store is in our road-map, we'll request your co-operation meanwhile. Please let us know if you have any other question, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:11 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Vinceke

Welcome to the forum!

There is a possibility of changing Enpass data location on Enpass version downloaded from the website. Although the option to change data location downloaded from the store is in our road-map, we'll request your co-operation meanwhile. Please let us know if you have any other question, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

Help me out here. I'm confused by your (to me) confusing naming conventions. On you download webpage you have, from memory, Windows 10, and Traditional Win32 app, and maybe in other places, you refer to "Desktop" veraion. So I'm confused, which is which 

I recommend you clean that up your naming conventions. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something. 

Anyway, what app are you referring to? 

And, I'm curious, why do you have multiple versions instead of just one for Windows? And what are the differences? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey @Captain_Eric

There are two ways to install Enpass-

• Microsoft Store or Windows Store  (known as Enpass Store version)
  • Enpass Website (known as Enpass website version)

Please note that option to change database location is only available for app downloaded from Enpass website(from here https://www.enpass.io/downloads/). If you have downloaded Enpass from Windows store, it won’t be possible to change the database location.

To change the database location in website version, please follow these steps:

• Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

Difference between Store version and website version-
The difference other than 'location change option' between the Website version and Store version is that in case if you want to use the premium feature of the Enpass then you have to use the store version as Enpass in-app purchase is only possible through Stores. The premium feature has all these options which are not is the website version of the app.

• Unlock using Touch ID
  • Dark theme
  • Create your own Categories
  • Create your own Templates
  • All standard features

Hope this clarifies!