Enpass Discussion Forum

implement global autotype

intuxikated

can you implement global autotype?
it basically means that enpass simulates keypresses to log into any application, not just website
how this would work:
user opens app (e.x. steam)
user gets steam in focus and presses keycombo to trigger global autotype
enpass detects name of application or application title
enpass searches for matching entries,
if 1 match is found, simulate keypresses for login (in 95% of cases: {username}{tab}{password}{enter})
this keycombo can be made to be configurable ( for example skype, where you'd need {username}{enter}{wait 100ms}{password}{enter} )
if multiple matches are found, enpass displays a window, letting users select the correct entry, and then autotype the login info
if no matches are found, enpass pops up with a search field so users can search the correct entry to autofill
ofcource, in the last case, enpass will also ask to remember the application title for that entry

this is a feature i greatly miss in the current version of enpass, hopefully you can consider to implement this somewhere in the future.
and hopefully you can implement this in Linux as well (since that's the main OS i'm using atm, aside from sometimes Windows

kind regards,

intuxikated

Edited by intuxikated
wrong place
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2017 at 5:38 PM, intuxikated said:

can you implement global autotype?
it basically means that enpass simulates keypresses to log into any application, not just website
how this would work:
user opens app (e.x. steam)
user gets steam in focus and presses keycombo to trigger global autotype
enpass detects name of application or application title
enpass searches for matching entries,
if 1 match is found, simulate keypresses for login (in 95% of cases: {username}{tab}{password}{enter})
this keycombo can be made to be configurable ( for example skype, where you'd need {username}{enter}{wait 100ms}{password}{enter} )
if multiple matches are found, enpass displays a window, letting users select the correct entry, and then autotype the login info
if no matches are found, enpass pops up with a search field so users can search the correct entry to autofill
ofcource, in the last case, enpass will also ask to remember the application title for that entry

this is a feature i greatly miss in the current version of enpass, hopefully you can consider to implement this somewhere in the future.
and hopefully you can implement this in Linux as well (since that's the main OS i'm using atm, aside from sometimes Windows

kind regards,

intuxikated

• Like 1