Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can there be a feature request roadmap built into Enpass?

Then users could vote on the features they want most in the program.

Maybe users get 10 extra votes per month in addition to 1 standard vote per feature request, so they could weight which feature they need or want.

Even if it's just an iframe to a webpage that shows the feature requests that have been:

  • fulfilled
  • queued up to release next
  • backlogged
  • underdefined
  • rejected or cancelled for various reasons
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This comment is more about this forum than the Enpass product itself. However, improving feature requests would impact the feature request roadmap in Enpass at some point.

Anyways, it's relatively challenging to determine if there's a duplicate feature request with 38 pages of feature requests to sift through. It''d be nice if there were filters in the forum's search to narrow down which features have been implemented already in this forum, any categories of feature requests (other than random tags people come up with), etc.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @RDL

We are listening to our users and will actively make changes to the app update based on the constructive feedback we have been receiving, so thank you for getting in touch. I shall pass your comments onto our team. Thanks for the suggestion!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 7:44 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @RDL

We are listening to our users and will actively make changes to the app update based on the constructive feedback we have been receiving, so thank you for getting in touch. I shall pass your comments onto our team. Thanks for the suggestion!

Great. Would you also adding Yubikey/hardware-key support on de backlog off the Enpass product owner?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way Enpass works, is a slightly different way than many other passwordmanagers like for example 1Password. I like the idea of Enpass, but I think I also missing some features that the others have:

- I will get noticed when (one of) my Vaults is (tried to) opened by another location

- I will have the ability to disconnect my device from the Vault(s) when it's lost/stolen > now the vault is stored on the device. And I know it's hard to hack the vault, but it's not a safe idea that I don't have any control when my device is lost. The only way to handle this is to erase my whole iPhone with the 'find my iPhone'-app or in the Apple iCloud.

 

Edited by Frosty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Frosty said:

The way Enpass works, is a slightly different way than many other passwordmanagers like for example 1Password. I like the idea of Enpass, but I think I also missing some features that the others have:

- I will get noticed when (one of) my Vaults is (tried to) opened by another location

- I will have the ability to disconnect my device from the Vault(s) when it's lost/stolen > now the vault is stored on the device. And I know it's hard to hack the vault, but it's not a safe idea that I don't have any control when my device is lost. The only way to handle this is to erase my whole iPhone with the 'find my iPhone'-app or in the Apple iCloud.

 

I think you can counter that by using WebDAV for sync. There you can track from where the access comes when syncing. Also you can change the WebDAV credentials when a device is stolen.

When a device is stolen with a vault on it (which is always available offline), you have to consider the content compromised (unless you really trust your master password and didn't store it using fingerprints). So if you change all your passwords and the one of your vault, the old information on the stolen device is useless. Triggering a remote wipe (via iOS or Android) is probably a better choice, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 9:59 AM, Hitman said:

I think you can counter that by using WebDAV for sync. There you can track from where the access comes when syncing. Also you can change the WebDAV credentials when a device is stolen.

When a device is stolen with a vault on it (which is always available offline), you have to consider the content compromised (unless you really trust your master password and didn't store it using fingerprints). So if you change all your passwords and the one of your vault, the old information on the stolen device is useless. Triggering a remote wipe (via iOS or Android) is probably a better choice, though.

- Yes there is a logging on the WebDAV-connections. I prefer a pro-active solution of attending a unusual login.

- Change all the passwords from the items in the vault is a enormous, and time sensitive job. So, indeed, wiping the device is the best/fastest way to handle.

 

Bottomline I think the best solution will be a Enpass cloud service (like 1Password, Dashlane, etc.) to handle both situations.

@Productowner Enpass ; Is this functionality on the backlog/roadmap of new Enpass features in the (near) future?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 7:59 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Frosty,

I have already created a feature request for the same. It's already in our roadmap for future versions.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thank you. I saw a sneak peak on Twitter but I think that's a dashboard and nog a online password service(?) Can you mention something about the release date/planning?

Edited by Frosty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...