Enpass Discussion Forum

Need help changing vault location

golfball

My computer has a small solid state drive (C: drive) for the OS and program applications. I try and store the application data on a large drive (D: drive) to avoid filling up my C: drive with data. I am using the Windows desktop version of Enpass 6.5.2. I have read that I should be able to change the location of the vault under Settings>Advanced>Data Location and that there should be a Change Location button. I do not see a change location button. The current Data Location is C:\Users\Golfball\AppData\Local\Packages\SinewSoftwareSystems.EnpassPasswordManager_fwdy0m65qb6h2\LocalState but I do not see anyway to change where Enpass will store and look for the vault. If I click on Data Location, it opens a window to the current location but no way to change it to a new location. I would like to change it to Documents on my D: drive.

If I go to Settings>Auto Backups there is a Change Location button but I assume that just changes the backups location. I would like to change the location of the vault also.

So, I would like to change the location of both the vault and backups location to my D: drive and can't figure out how to do it (at least for the vault location).

Thank you.

Hey @golfball

Thanks for writing in.

The option to change database location is only available for app downloaded from Enpass website(from here https://www.enpass.io/downloads/). If you have downloaded Enpass from Windows store, it won’t be possible to change the database location.

To change the database location in website version, please follow these steps:

• Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

Hope this clarifies!

Hello!!!!???? Anybody there? Any responses or answers on how I can move the location of my vault (data location)? Is my question so obvious that no one feels the need to respond or is it so deep (unlikely) that no one has an answer? Either way I need some help. Thank you.

I thought that I downloaded it from the Enpass Website. I will download and install again from the link you provided just to make sure. I will respond after installing from your link just to be sure. Thank you. I'll report back.

Update:  You were correct. I had the wrong version. My mistake.

Thank you again!!!