Enpass Discussion Forum

iCloud Sync

Leandro73

Hello, I think this question may be for Enpass Stuff. 

If I changed my Master Password using iCloud Sync, I understand Enpass can't have access to my current Master Password but I would like to know if Enpass can have access to my old (changed) Master Password used in iCloud Sync. Thank you.  

On 11/11/2020 at 4:59 AM, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @Leandro73,

Thanks for using Enpass and writing to us.

As an offline password manager, we don't keep any of your data as it's saved locally on your device. Additionally, data encryption/decryption happens locally on the device, and the cloud is just a storage medium.

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer. I didn’t understand well since when I change my Master Password in one device, I have to also change it in my other devices in order for them to keep synced. So I thought my Master Password syncs (travels) via iCloud. Am I wrong? Thank you. 

Thank you for your answer and for your time. So 1) would it be ok to re-use a Master Password that I had used before as a Master Password in Enpass in the past since Enpass doesn’t keep any records? I mean you don’t know when an user changes his/her Master Password? and 2) Even though data is encrypted in iCloud, do you have access to that encrypted data?

Thank you once again. 

Edited by Leandro73

Hey @Leandro73

Thanks for writing back.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Leandro73 said:

1) would it be ok to re-use a Master Password that I had used before as a Master Password in Enpass in the past since Enpass doesn’t keep any records? I mean you don’t know when an user changes his/her Master Password?

Yes, it's ok to reuse the previous master password as Enpass is an offline password manager and the master password is not saved anywhere.

On 11/14/2020 at 10:17 AM, Leandro73 said:

Even though data is encrypted in iCloud, do you have access to that encrypted data?

No. All your data is totally under your control and as a developer, we have no access to it. Your cloud always contains a copy of the same encrypted data as on your device. Your data is always transmitted in the encrypted format. All the encryption and decryption of data happen locally on the device.

Thanks!

• Like 1