Enpass Discussion Forum

Pro? Premium? What are the different licenses?

Fatt

Hey folks,

Quick question for anyone that's willing to chime in. Looking for a bit of clarification on the different types/iterations of Enpass licenses. According to my app, I've got "Enpass Pro All Access (Lifetime)". I suppose some clarification on how or when I gained that would be useful but that's not really the main focus of this post. 

My actual inquiry is, is there an "Enpass Pro All Access (Lifetime) v2"? Today my app notified me about new functionality to automatically audit for breached websites and 2FA eligible but unregistered in Enpass sites. However, it wanted me to sign up for an ARC (annual recurring charge) to 'unlock' that functionality. That new ARC, does it upgrade the license to some other jargon like Premium, etc.? Also, in their blog post about having to pay again they mention new Lifetime pro licenses will continue to get all pro features, etc. Are the 2FA and breach features Pro or something else? Also, I'd really like a way of figuring out which licenses I actually have as compared to all offerings from Enpass period; it would appear as though that'll be useful moving forward as the product grows and obfuscates even further. 

Thanks

I am confused by this pricing as well. On the Pricing page, it say's those that buy One-time purchase plan they get both of the two new features (Security alerts for website breaches and Identification of accounts with 2FA support) while those the have the Pro All Access Lifetime have to pay a yearly subscription for the new features.

They should of specified the changes made in the original announcement rather than putting it in a support article. They should make a clearer statement on what is going on.

2JfV4Ty.png5okKpIO.png

Hey @Brian R.

Apologies for any confusion.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:36 AM, Brian R. said:

On the Pricing page, it say's those that buy One-time purchase plan they get both of the two new features (Security alerts for website breaches and Identification of accounts with 2FA support)

If you have purchased “Enpass Premium One-time license”, from or after Nov 19 of, then you will get Enpass Premium features without any additional charges including these two 2FA and 'data breach' features.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:36 AM, Brian R. said:

while those the have the Pro All Access Lifetime have to pay a yearly subscription for the new features.

These 2 premium features '2FA' and 'data breach'  will be paid for the "Enpass Pro One-time license" users. You can check your license-type from the “Enpass Settings” and see your License type at the top under Account section.

If any pro user wishes to use these two premium features, they need to upgrade it to Premium license. In this case, they will get a discount of 65% for the first year on purchasing the yearly premium subscription.

I hope this clears now.

I have been a Pro User of Enpass cos I purchased when you guys had just started.

Now, I didn't know anything about this, I simply thought that if I go ahead and use this upgrade for Breach Alert etc., it will be separate from the Pro.
Meaning, I will have Pro along with the latest features. I didn't know that it will remove my one time licenses which I have paid for iOS, Android and Windows.

But as mentioned in this post, it’s quiet confusing.

If this is the case, kindly revert me back to my existing Pro subscription and refund whatever upgrade was charged.
This should have been mentioned clearly for the upgrade like these.

Cos let's say tomorrow, I decide to cancel my Premium, what will happen to my Pro License which was Lifetime.

Hey @Anubhav Ranjan

Thanks for writing in.

As we promised, Pro users do not have to pay again for the pro features. You can either continue to renew the premium subscription you made for the breach alert feature or can continue enjoying PRO features even after premium subscription expires. In any case, if you ever wish to cancel the subscription then please register with Enpass using the same email id you used to purchase Enpass Pro features.

I hope this clears now.

• Sad 1

On 12/29/2020 at 4:07 AM, Garima Singh said:

Open Enpass --> Click on ‘Settings’ --> Account (or Trial user.Not registered)---> Tap on 'View All plans’ → Select the plan and click on 'Subscribe’.

What is it for Android? I am not seeing an option to 'View All Plans' only to change email.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:54 AM, Garima Singh said:

Hey @Brian R.

Apologies for any confusion.

If you have purchased “Enpass Premium One-time license”, from or after Nov 19 of, then you will get Enpass Premium features without any additional charges including these two 2FA and 'data breach' features.

These 2 premium features '2FA' and 'data breach'  will be paid for the "Enpass Pro One-time license" users. You can check your license-type from the “Enpass Settings” and see your License type at the top under Account section.

If any pro user wishes to use these two premium features, they need to upgrade it to Premium license. In this case, they will get a discount of 65% for the first year on purchasing the yearly premium subscription.

I hope this clears now.

@Garima Singh Sorry but a yearly fee is not a „One time licence“. Why I can’t pay, as a pro user,  a one time fee to get the two new features?

Edited by AM42

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an Enpass Pro Lifetime user too.

First I understood that these 2 new features (breach and 2FA) are an addon service where I have to pay another ~20€ p.a. -> OK a laborious service with an extra (recurring) fee.

BUT: now I see a new license "Premium" and the "Individual Plan" costs 21,49€ p.a.!? And that includes "Pro plus the 2 new Features". That's nearly the same like my Upgrade.
I think this is a big bug in the license model and makes it intransparent and unfair for all old user.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...