Enpass Discussion Forum

Suddenly Dropbox cloud sync not working on all devices

Costa

Today suddenly Enpass on MacOS Big Sur, iOS & Windows 10 will not sync with Dropbox. I get an error message 'Password of data on Dropbox is required'. Same on all devices. I enter my password with no effect. I changed the password as prompted with still no effect. Anyone else having this problem? I can sign in to my Dropbox account with no problem and Dropbox shows all features and systems working.

Hi @Costa,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:37 AM, Costa said:

I get an error message 'Password of data on Dropbox is required'.

This generally happens when you have recently changed master password on one of your device. Enpass force you to have same master password on all devices. To remove this error, enter the latest master password in the prompt. This will change master password of Enpass data on all devices.

Let us know if this not the case.

Thank you.

Thank-you for your reply. No, this was not the case. I did not change the password. The sync spontaneously stopped working on all my devices. I will try to switch my sync platform from Dropbox to OneDrive. I prefer Dropbox however.

Hello @Costa!

On 7/18/2021 at 5:08 AM, Costa said:

I did not change the password. The sync spontaneously stopped working on all my devices. I will try to switch my sync platform from Dropbox to OneDrive. I prefer Dropbox however.

I would suggest you to take a backup of your data and perform the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Disconnect the sync from all the devices.
  2. Open Dropbox on any browser -> Go to App -> Enpass folder -> Vault.enpassdbsync -> Rename it as Old vault.enpassdbsync.
  3. Now open the Enpass and sync on all the devices.

If the still issue persists, please help me with the details of the macOS Big Sur version, iOS version along with their Enpass versions.