Jump to content
Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass & Google 2FA


Bustr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi i have just set up the google 2fa and had to manually put the one time code into enpass.  In the Audit under 2FA supported google does Not appear.

Also in the enpass google saved password item it says in one time code [field] Invalid secret key.

 

but i can log into google with out any problems. Why does it not appear in the Audit under 2FA supported ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Bustr,

Welcome to the Enpass community.

6 hours ago, Bustr said:

Hi i have just set up the google 2fa and had to manually put the one time code into enpass. 

Please follow these steps.

Enpass will automatically copy the one-time password from the item to the clipboard after autofilling the username and password on the webpage. You’ll just have to paste the one-time password in the required field and log in.

6 hours ago, Bustr said:

Also in the enpass google saved password item it says in one time code [field] Invalid secret key.

This happens when you enter invalid key in the OTP field of an item.

7 hours ago, Bustr said:

but i can log into google with out any problems. Why does it not appear in the Audit under 2FA supported ?

If you have enabled 2FA on the Google it will not appear in the Audit under 2FA supported because it will only show the list of logins in which 2FA is yet to be enabled. You will see the Google item in under the Others--> One Time Codes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as per pen Enpass--> Go to Settings--> Browser--> Under "Autofill" enable (Automatically copy One-time password after autofill ). 

it is already ticked so I has this correct.

Ok so you guys have not added it to audit yet?

as for others one time codes yes its there and still says invalid key.

but also in there is pay pal but the OTC key is there and does not say invalid so this makes it a bit confusing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Bustr,

10 hours ago, Bustr said:

Ok so you guys have not added it to audit yet?

It is added in the audit section but as already mentioned only those login items will appear under the Audit section of 2FA in which 2FA is yet to be enabled, once you enable the 2FA it will appear under the Others--> One Time Codes.

10 hours ago, Bustr said:

but also in there is pay pal but the OTC key is there and does not say invalid so this makes it a bit confusing? 

For quick troubleshooting I would recommend you to disable the 2FA for google and enable it again and then share your findings with me if issue persists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...