Enpass Discussion Forum

Is there an option to turn off password audits yet?

justaguy

Earlier this year, an audit feature was added to Enpass that plastered bright yellow and red messages on every screen of the app and in every individual login entry. In this forum, we asked for an option to turn this off. I know that in the View menu you can turn off "Audit" and "Audit Old Passwords" and "Audit Dashboard", but this does not affect the big banner that appears in individual login entries.

Is there a setting anywhere to turn off the audits inside the entries?

Can we please have the option to disable the password audits entirely? I'm not going to spend hours to do this on all my 600 passwords. Why do you not give your users the option? Enpass didn't have this feature before, and we enjoyed the service very much. Then suddenly all this audit stuff was thrown at us, without anyone asking for it.

Can we please have the option to turn off audits messages entirely?

Hi @justaguy

The password Audit feature actually plays a major role in keeping you on top of security, and informing you about any weak, compromised, or breached passwords by segregating them in different sections. That is the reason an option to completely disable this feature is not present in the application. However, I understand where you are coming from, and as you have multiple passwords for which you wish to disable this feature, I'll gladly help you with it.

On your Enpass application, go to "WEAK" section under the Audit tab on the left pane. Here you can multi-select the items (Select the first item, hold shift and then select the last item). Then right-click and choose "Exclude from Password Audit".

image.thumb.png.c0c408237abb29847a1fb5be8017fb99.png

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

The password Audit feature actually plays a major role in keeping you on top of security, and informing you about any weak, compromised, or breached passwords by segregating them in different sections. That is the reason an option to completely disable this feature is not present in the application. However, I understand where you are coming from, and as you have multiple passwords for which you wish to disable this feature, I'll gladly help you with it.

I think that you're misunderstanding your demographic when you say this. 

There are dozens of password managers for consumers to choose from. Why do some of us choose Enpass? Because it's the only one that gives users control. Enpass is for people who know what they're doing and want control over their digital work.

When you add features to the software that nanny and nag your users like this, you're taking away your users control and treating them like people who don't know what they're doing. But it's especially bad when you force these features with no option to turn them off entirely. 

Please remember the place of Enpass in the vast market of password managers. Please don't make forced features choices that will drive your most dedicated users away. 

Also, if (for whatever reason) you're going to continue to insist on forcing these password notice messages on us, perhaps you could change the style so it's not so jarring and annoying? Instead of a huge bright banner, maybe it could just be a small icon somewhere in the entry? When the user hovers their mouse over the icon, it shows shows a tooltip that this password isn't strong. This design would make it at least more tolerable. 

image.thumb.png.59fb9f1acefe0da8fa0247287ef21adc.png

• Like 1

Hi @justaguy

14 hours ago, justaguy said:

Instead of a huge bright banner, maybe it could just be a small icon somewhere in the entry? When the user hovers their mouse over the icon, it shows shows a tooltip that this password isn't strong.

Thank you for this suggestion, and it is definitely something that I will take it forward to our development team. We strive to make Enpass easily accessible for all, and our goal is to keep bringing improvements to enrich the overall user experience. Taking away our users control over the app is never our intention, Enpass wouldn't be here without the support of its amazing customers. Taking this as a feedback, your suggestion has been forwarded to check its feasibility in the future Enpass versions.

Enpass really appreciates your support and patience in the meantime!

#SI-2444