Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass not prompting to associate entry with apl

Monyker

Moto X⁴ with Android 9

Enpass 6.7.1.572

I have an app that was installed through Microsoft Intune. I have an Enpass entry for an account used to sign in this app. When I tap the username field, I'm prompted to autofill with Enpass. If I search for and select the entry, I see a prompt about the entry not being associated with the app. I can tap yes to fill anyway, but there is no checkbox to have Enpass associate the entry with the app. And autofill fails on the first attempt. If I go through the steps a second time, autofill works. It's annoying going through this daily.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you!

On 12/2/2021 at 6:19 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Monyker

To get this concern investigated, could you please share the name of the app, along with any other apps where a similar issue is occurring? Awaiting your response

The app is iValet vNext, but as this is a corporate app, installed through Microsoft Intune Company Portal, I doubt you have a way to install/test the app. I'd be happy to do some troubleshooting and respond with my findings. I'm unaware of this trouble with other apps I use.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:36 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Monyker

...A patch addressing this issue will be released in the near future...

#SI-2492

Yesterday, when Enpass offered to auto fill the password in the app, the checkbox to associate the entry appeared in the prompt. I left it checked, of course and completed the auto fill. I checked the Enpass entry which now appears associated with iValet vNext. I guess we'll see if/how well this works today. Looking at my app update history yesterday, Enpass was apparently last updated on my phone on 9/14/2021. And there was no update to iValet vNext since my original post...until today. Today I was prompted to install an update to iValet vNext and did so.

• Like 1

Thank you @Abhishek Dewan.

Yesterday while signing in the app, I confirmed that the Enpass entry was associated with the app as expected. However, autofill still didn't work as it should. When I tapped the password field in the app, Enpass prompted to autofill. Upon unlocking Enpass, the correct entry was displayed. I tapped the entry, but the password was not filled. I tried tapping away from the password field (keyboard disappeared) and tapping the password field again. But Enpass didn't prompt again to autofill. I tried this a few times. I closed and reopened the app and went through the process again. This time dots briefly flashed on the screen as if it would autofill, but the password field remained blank. I tapped the password field a second time and was prompted to autofill. This time Enpass filled the password and I was able to sign on. So the Enpass autofill process still is not working as desired/expected for the iValet vNext app.