Enpass Discussion Forum

Updating passwords not syncing right

Schtief

At the moment I use version 6.8.2 (1084) on Windows 10. If I update a password (or other field) on my Mac and sync it via WebDAV, it sometimes doesn't get synced on my other devices, e.g. iOS or Windows. Then the correct last modified date appears, but the value is not updated. What's happening?

I'm actually very happy with the app, but bugs keep creeping in from time to time. Of course, this is normal. But with faulty basic functions, this is very annoying. I just have to be able to rely on my password manager. If I always have to be afraid of losing information, that's not good...

Please help!

Edited by Schtief

Hi @SchieferJ

For troubleshooting purposes, please follow the below steps and share your findings with me - 

1. Ensure that time is set to Automatic on all your devices and there is no time difference.
  2. Disconnect the synchronization from all the connected devices. Then enable the synchronization first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices. I would also recommend restarting your Webdav server once.

If the issue persists, please share the below details with me and I'll have this further investigated for you -

1. The version of the Enpass app and OS of your iOS device.
  2. A screenshot of any error occurring would be helpful.

I have now the same issue:

1. I've updated password in MacOS, synced
  2. Synced on Android device, than checked and password was old on the phone

Then I've made another test:

1. Under the same record I've changed "title" in MacOS, synced
  2. Synced on the phone
  3. Title for the record was changed immediately, but password stayed the old.

So, two fields was edited on MacOS (title and password). But only "title" was updated on the Android phone.

P.S. syncing with Google Drive

Edited by Axeriano

4 hours ago, Axeriano said:

So, two fields was edited on MacOS (title and password). But only "title" was updated on the Android phone.

Same here. Really weird!

On 8/29/2022 at 1:28 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Ensure that time is set to Automatic on all your devices and there is no time difference.

Everything synced with the web.

Disconnect the synchronization from all the connected devices. Then enable the synchronization first on the device with the most recent data and then on the rest of the devices. I would also recommend restarting your Webdav server once.

I will try this at the weekend. But I don't put too much trust in this one. It also happens with OneDrive sync...

The version of the Enpass app and OS of your iOS device.

The Enpass version is 6.8.1 and the iOS version is 15.6.1. This also happend with Windows 10. Changed password in MacOS and never got it through to Windows (besideds the changed date)... At the moment my MacOS password resetted automatically to the old one!! Fortunately I was able to recover it from generator history!!

A screenshot of any error occurring would be helpful.

Where do I get this from? There was no error in the UI!?