Enpass Discussion Forum

Password changed after a breach, but Enpass still tags the entry as breached

Mokaraa

Hello,

Recently, Plex had a breach, Enpass responded quite fast, by tagging my Plex credentials as  breached.
Thanks to the mail received from Plex, I had changed the password before Enpass came with it's reaction (marking my credentials as breached).
I therefore changed the password twice: the first time after I received Plex' e-mail, the second time, after Enpass marked my credentials as breached.
But for some reason, Enpass still marks my credentials as breached and I have no idea how I can tell Enpass it's not a breached password anymore, any thoughts?

I use the Microsoft Store edition of Enpass.

Kind regards,
Mokaraa

Edited by Mokaraa

32 minutes ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @Mokaraa,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I have shared it with the concerned team for further investigation. In the meantime, please share the details of the Enpass version. Also, you can try our new beta v6.8.3 for Windows OS and let us know if you are still facing this issue.

SI-3089

Hello and thanks for your reply! I am using version 6.8.2 (1084) currently. I will try the beta and let you know if it has been resolved or not.

38 minutes ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @Mokaraa,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I have shared it with the concerned team for further investigation. In the meantime, please share the details of the Enpass version. Also, you can try our new beta v6.8.3 for Windows OS and let us know if you are still facing this issue.

SI-3089

I just installed and tried the beta, after logging in and syncing the database, I still can't manually override the 'breached website' warning in the Plex entry in my database.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey @Mokaraa,

Thank you for being patient with us. I suspect there might be multiple password fields in that item. Please try the following steps and share the results:

1. Open the item detail page.
  2. Under the detail page observe a show "Webform" button.
  3. If the “show webform” button is shown, click on that.
  4. If any password is shown on that page then clear it as well. 
  5. Also while edit, check all the fields on the items detail page that have the field type as password.
  6. If yes, then change the password in that field also.

2 hours ago, Manish Chokwal said:

Hey @Mokaraa,

Thank you for being patient with us. I suspect there might be multiple password fields in that item. Please try the following steps and share the results:

1. Open the item detail page.
  2. Under the detail page observe a show "Webform" button.
  3. If the “show webform” button is shown, click on that.
  4. If any password is shown on that page then clear it as well. 
  5. Also while edit, check all the fields on the items detail page that have the field type as password.
  6. If yes, then change the password in that field also.

I have TOTP emergency recovery codes stored as password and a 'token claim' stored as password as well.

Will try to change those.

EDIT:
Indeed, after changing those fields, the message is gone! Thanks!

Edited by Mokaraa
  • Like 1