Enpass Discussion Forum

Sync error

Onotseike

Hello I have 2 OneDrive accounts (hotmail and outlook) I use one for Personal passwords in a Primary Vault and the other for Work related passwords in another Vault, when I set up sync for both, everything goes fine for about 1 min then I get Sync errors the first OneDrive sync I set up the picture shows what I get. to the left is the data of my personal password which I want to sync on my hotmail account to the right is the work passwords that I want to sync on my outlook accounts. I used to be able to sync the 2 onedrive vaults with out issue before

image.thumb.png.da6e7d4b612e0d0724a567ef72bb766c.png

Hi @Onotseike

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

For quick troubleshooting please follow the below-mentioned steps (first for your Primary vault and then for your secondary vault) and share your findings with me.

1. Ensure that your database is up to date for your vault. Then take a manual backup of your Enpass database on your device.
  2. Disconnect the OneDrive sync for this vault on all devices.
  3. Open your One-Drive account in any browser.
  4. Remove the Enpass & Enpass 1 folders from the OneDrive account.
  5. Re-set up the sync with OneDrive on all the devices and check.

Hi @Onotseike

This error occurs when you try to synchronize a vault with a cloud account which already has a database present. Could you please double check and ensure that you are synchronizing the correct vault with the correct cloud account? If yes, please share the version of the Enpass app and OS of all the devices on which you are facing this concern and I'll have this further investigated for you.

Hello Abhishek, I have ensured I am doing this. I have this error on Windows, ios and android. I don't have this issue on the macos app. All versions are the latest version available via their respective stores. Could this be a callback token caching issue after authorization?

Hi @Onotseike

We thoroughly investigated the issue but couldn't replicate it on our end. As previously mentioned, it seems that you are trying to merge two different databases. For example, if your primary vault contains your personal passwords and you try to synchronize that vault with your Hotmail account, which already has your work-related passwords, then this error occurs.

Therefore, please connect your vault with your personal passwords to the cloud account that contains your personal passwords, and your vault with your work-related passwords to the cloud account that contains your work-related passwords.

• 7 months later...

It's interesting that you used to be able to sync the two OneDrive vaults without any problems before. To better understand the situation, could you please provide more details about the specific sync errors you're encountering? Any error messages or other relevant information would be helpful.

By the way, if you ever need any assistance with obtaining a cheap Windows 10 key, feel free to let me know. I'm here to assist you with that too!

Edited by MasonHaley