Enpass Discussion Forum

Failed Master Password on one Computer ?

RoadRunner

I'm experiencing an issue with Enpass; I run Enpass on two computers, one of the computers when entering the Master password works, both installations of Enpass use the same Master Password, although when entering the same Master password on another computer I get an error that the Master Password is incorrect ?

Edited by RoadRunner

Hi @RoadRunner

After consulting with our technical team for additional support, I would like to inform you that it appears the issue arises when the user attempts multiple authentication connections between the cloud and Enpass App, leading to failed attempts and unauthorized triggers.

Let me quickly help you out:

Once you have successfully authorized Enpass to access the encrypted database file from your cloud, you will encounter the below screen, which is in line with expectations. However, instead of clicking on the 'Redirect' option, please take note that the Enpass App icon will be blinking in your taskbar. Simply click on the activated Enpass icon, enter your Master password, and proceed to access your Primary vault and unlock Enpass.

1416113353_MicrosoftTeams-image(18).thumb.png.dcdbb570c5eb47b9e4a3394c4b2ef271.png

11 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @RoadRunner

After consulting with our technical team for additional support, I would like to inform you that it appears the issue arises when the user attempts multiple authentication connections between the cloud and Enpass App, leading to failed attempts and unauthorized triggers.

Let me quickly help you out:

Once you have successfully authorized Enpass to access the encrypted database file from your cloud, you will encounter the below screen, which is in line with expectations. However, instead of clicking on the 'Redirect' option, please take note that the Enpass App icon will be blinking in your taskbar. Simply click on the activated Enpass icon, enter your Master password, and proceed to access your Primary vault and unlock Enpass.

1416113353_MicrosoftTeams-image(18).thumb.png.dcdbb570c5eb47b9e4a3394c4b2ef271.png

The above suggestion doesn't work as I launch the Enpass program, I never encounter the screen which you posted in the screen shot; upon launching the Enpass program. 

Hi @RoadRunner

We have a useful troubleshooting guide which you can refer to as I feel it would be beneficial in this case. Otherwise, depending on if you are using the website or store version, do give the steps mentioned in the below screenshot a try or check out this link.

1869388172_MicrosoftTeams-image(19).png.e63d45820b8c490c9cc50bebc2d04266.png

Once you have performed the above steps, you will see a 'Welcome to Enpass' screen.
149110564_MicrosoftTeams-image(21).thumb.png.cad4225305f52f856867c69957273d35.png

On this screen, select 'Personal' and try restoring the Enpass data using the same master password.