Enpass Discussion Forum

OTP secret gives different code between Windows and Android versions of the app

chnandler_bong

Windows 10 version --> 6.90.1466.0 (incorrect PIN from OTP)
Android 13 version --> 6.9.0.842 (correct PIN from OTP)
Website --> https://raindrop.io/

I've confirmed that both apps have the same OTP secret string, so there may be a problem with the Windows version.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help troubleshoot this, thanks.

Hi @chnandler_bong

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps and share your findings with me - 

1. I would recommend checking this link to ensure that you are not missing any crucial steps to enable TOTP for this webpage.

2. Please check and confirm that the time is correct on your device and also set to automatic.

3. Also, as 2FA is part of our Premium license offering, kindly ensure that you are registered on all your devices via the email address with which you purchased the Premium license.

If the issue persists, do let me know if there are any other webpages on which you are facing this concern and I will get it checked for you.

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chnandler_bong

For troubleshooting purposes, please try the below steps and share your findings with me - 

1. I would recommend checking this link to ensure that you are not missing any crucial steps to enable TOTP for this webpage.

2. Please check and confirm that the time is correct on your device and also set to automatic.

3. Also, as 2FA is part of our Premium license offering, kindly ensure that you are registered on all your devices via the email address with which you purchased the Premium license.

If the issue persists, do let me know if there are any other webpages on which you are facing this concern and I will get it checked for you.

Hi Abisheck, below are my responses:

1. I used the Android app to set up the One-time Code.  I took a picture of the QR code from within the Enpass app and it copied all of the secret text into that field.  The text that was copied is similar to this:  "otpauth://totp/Raindrop.io:<userid>?secret=<secret>&period=30&digits=6&algorithm=SHA1&issuer=Raindrop.io ."  I removed some of the sensitive data and replaced it with <text>.  Since I am syncing my Enpass data using Google Drive, I refreshed the vault sync in the Android app and then the Windows app to have this new data flow to Windows.  After I noticed the issue with the OTP from the Windows app, I confirmed that the secret text in both apps matches.
  2. The time is correct on both my computer and on my phone, with both devices being set to automatic.
  3. Both devices are registered with the same email address that is registered for my account here.  If you need that info, just let me know.  My Enpass account is an Enpass PRO account.

I just tested the OTP at https://raindrop.io in Windows and the issue persists.  Also, I just tested my OTP for www.bestbuy.com and that one continues to work.

23 minutes ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chnandler_bong

The 2FA feature is specifically accessible to users with the Enpass Premium version of the license. To address this matter, kindly generate a new support ticket at support@enpass.io and provide the email address used for the license purchase, along with the purchase receipt. Additionally, make sure to reference this forum in your ticket, and I will personally oversee the investigation process for you.

The TOTP-functionality isn't just for Premium is it? it's the Audit-stuff including 2FA that is preserved for Premium.

Hi @Ivarson

Indeed, you are absolutely correct. The TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Password) functionality is not restricted to a specific license type. However, the Premium license does offer additional features, such as Breach Monitoring, which alerts you to data breaches at sites saved in Enpass, and identification of accounts with 2FA support, helping you strengthen your security.

I apologize if my previous response caused any confusion on this matter, and I have now made the necessary corrections.

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chnandler_bong

The 2FA feature is specifically accessible to users with the Enpass Premium version of the license. To address this matter, kindly generate a new support ticket at support@enpass.io and provide the email address used for the license purchase, along with the purchase receipt. Additionally, make sure to reference this forum in your ticket, and I will personally oversee the investigation process for you.

Email sent, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @GDN

If the issue persists, please confirm the webpages on which you are facing this concern and I will get it checked for you.

I don't know what happed but the TOTP codes are the same now. I am definitely sure that the time was the same on windows and android and the secret string was the same (the vaults are synchronized via WebDAV).

Very strange.

Do You have any idea what could be the problem?       chnandler_bong the original author of this thread had the same problem.