Enpass Discussion Forum

Need to enter master password 50 times a day

Operations8

I have set the time out at 12 hours and i use a PIN. This has worked fine for years.

Since a week or so i need to enter my master password constantly. Up to 50 times a day. Starting to get really annoying...

I use a Samsung S22 Ultra. 

App version: 6.9.0.842

Android 13

Battery use app set to unrestricted.

Any ideas?

Edited by Operations8

@Operations8

Enpass requires Master Password in the following scenarios (even if the PIN is enabled):

·       When the app is closed manually.

·       The device is rebooted.

·       When too many apps are active in the device background (in this case OS automatically kills some apps to claim memory).

·       Similarly, if a user is running the device in power saver mode, or has installed a third-party app that kills background applications.

Please check the settings of your device once and look for any third-party applications which may be interfering in this case.

5 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

@Operations8

Enpass requires Master Password in the following scenarios (even if the PIN is enabled):

·       When the app is closed manually.

·       The device is rebooted.

·       When too many apps are active in the device background (in this case OS automatically kills some apps to claim memory).

·       Similarly, if a user is running the device in power saver mode, or has installed a third-party app that kills background applications.

Please check the settings of your device once and look for any third-party applications which may be interfering in this case.

Even with no apps in the background it happens. Device is not running power save mode. Like i said been using it like this (same phone) and never been a problem. Has there been an update?

Hi @Operations8

While we're actively addressing your concern, could you please attempt to resolve the issue by disabling and then re-enabling the PIN option within Enpass' security settings? If the problem persists, we kindly ask you to provide the following details:

1. Are you using a key file in conjunction with your master password?
  2. How many vaults have you created within the Enpass app?
  3. Have you recently updated from the previous build, specifically version 6.8.7.786, or any older iteration?
  4. Is there a specific sequence of actions you performed prior to encountering this issue?
  5. Additionally, we kindly request that you share a brief video clip demonstrating the issue. You can share the video with us at support@enpass.io and reference this forum conversation.

Yes i use a keyfile.

I use only one vault.

I use App version 6.9.0.842 not sure when i updated. Feels like a very long time again.

No special sequence, i have been using it the same way for years. Normal i had to give in my password twice a day (12 hours) but now almost everytime.

You would like a video clip of the Enpass asking for my password? What it does is normal behaviour except for the fact that Enpass asks me for me password almost everytime i need to login somewhere.

Hi @Operations8

After conducting a comprehensive examination of this matter, we have successfully replicated the bug. Our dedicated development team is actively engaged in resolving this as a top priority. An update containing the necessary fixes will be deployed in the near future. We sincerely value your understanding and cooperation in the meantime.

2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Operations8

After conducting a comprehensive examination of this matter, we have successfully replicated the bug. Our dedicated development team is actively engaged in resolving this as a top priority. An update containing the necessary fixes will be deployed in the near future. We sincerely value your understanding and cooperation in the meantime.

Abhishek, too be honest is it so annoying i almost moved to a different password manager. But... i have been a happy user until this so i wanted to at least so where this topic would lead.

And i am happy to hear you where able to replicate the problem, and your engagement into my topic/problem also very good.

So i am staying and will wait for the solution :)

a wise man once said: it is not about the problem, it is about the way you solve it. That is wat people will remember.

in short Thumbs up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Operations8

Our development team is actively addressing the bug; however, they need further details. Could you please verify whether you are utilizing the accessibility service for autofill in Enpass? If not, we kindly request you to enable it and then reattempt to check if the problem is resolved. Additionally, kindly provide the total number of Items saved in the app.

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in this matter!

1 hour ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @Operations8

Our development team is actively addressing the bug; however, they need further details. Could you please verify whether you are utilizing the accessibility service for autofill in Enpass? If not, we kindly request you to enable it and then reattempt to check if the problem is resolved. Additionally, kindly provide the total number of Items saved in the app.

We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in this matter!

Do you mean the "Android Autofill-service"? Answer is yes, i use that.

Total number of items is 345.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

While we thoroughly investigate this issue on our end, could you please try resetting the PIN and share your findings with us? This information will help us in getting to the root of this concern.

I already changed the pin. I also tried switching between PIN and HELLO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

While we thoroughly investigate this issue on our end, could you please try resetting the PIN and share your findings with us? This information will help us in getting to the root of this concern.

Unlocking with PIN works until the phone goes into deep sleep and then is completely unable to unlock via PIN.

• Like 1