Enpass Discussion Forum

Google Drive Sync Permissions

Richard2016

When synchronising to Google Drive, Encompass requests for the following permissions:

1. View and manage the files in your Google Drive (https://developers.google.com/resources/api-libraries/documentation/appsactivity/v1/java/latest/com/google/api/services/appsactivity/AppsactivityScopes.html#DRIVE)
2. View and manage Google Drive files and folders that you have opened or created with this app

The permission I'm concerned about is request permissions #1 which, explained in Google's own words is:

-Upload, download, update, and delete files in your Google Drive
-Create, access, update, and delete native Google documents in your Google Drive
-Manage files and documents in your Google Drive (e.g., search, organize, and modify permissions and other metadata, such as title)

Other apps only request #2 if I'm not mistaken. 

Please clarify.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine doesn't even sync after the first time anymore. It only syncs the first time I manually disconnect synchronizing from my Google Drive and then re-login, but after that it stops. I am running Hitman.Pro.Alert tho but I've tried disabling it and see if Enpass would sync, but it doesn't. Could it be a firewall issue?

Hi @Richard2016
Although Enpass can work with permission #2 only in most of the time. But there are cases when we need permisson #1 also, like

1. You have configured folder sync in desktop app and that folder is being synced with google drive through google app.

2. You have manually uploaded a Enpass backup as sync_default.walletx.

In these cases without permission #2, Enpass app on your phone will fail to fetch the Enpass data as it is not uploaded by Enpass.

• Like 1