Enpass Discussion Forum

"We could not find the Enpass desktop app installed on your computer"

JasonEnpass

I'm tired of the constant problems with Enpass!   Why do I keep getting the following message?

"We could not find the Enpass desktop app installed on your computer."

The app is in my Applications folder.

Enpass 6.9.0 (1465)
Chrome 116.0.5845.96 for Mac
Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

Edited by JasonEnpass

Hi @JasonEnpass

Could you please confirm if you are getting the error message when trying to use the browser Extension? If yes, do give the below steps a try and share your findings with me -

1. Ensure that the Enpass application is running in the background when using the browser extension. In addition, the “ Enable Extensions ” under the Browser settings of your Enpass application should also be enabled.
  2. I would also suggest checking that you have the latest version of browser installed , re-configuring the extension, and reinstalling it from here.
  3. Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser.
  4. In case the browser you are using is not code signed, you can also try unchecking ' Authorize browsers with code signature only option ' in Enpass app Settings → Browser → Browser Authentication.
  5. Ensure that you have allowed access to Enpass in your Antivirus/Firewall/VPN settings. Also try disabling them to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please share the below details and I'll get this checked for you -

1. Any VPN/Firewall/Antivirus software you are using.
  2. A screenshot of any error occurring would be helpful.