Enpass Discussion Forum

Pin code disappearance

nonsibicunctis

I have used enpass for at least a couple of years without issue until recently.  I think the problem began in early December 2023 but I can't be sure.

Previously:  If I had once opened and logged into enpass, I didn't have to resubmit my password & use my keyfile to unlock it, providing I hadn't shut down my computer.  Instead, I would simply be asked for my pin.

Now: Once I have used enpass and minimised it, if I want to use it again I have to go through the whole login process.  No option to open with my pin is offered.

Mac Mini late  2018, 3ghz i5 6core Intel 32gb DDR4Ram  using MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1

Can anyone help, please.  It is a huge nuisance to have to go through a 3 step process every time I want to check details.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hello.  I have a very similar problem... Never had any problems for years but recently has an issue where pin code cannot be used to re-open Enpass; it keeps saying my pin is invalid - but I have the correct pin for sure... After 2 attempts, it prompts for the master password.  This is a pain as my master password is complicated.   I used to re-open Enpass with my pin at least a dozen times per day and I've been doing that for years...   Now that I have to enter the master pw, it's really annoying.

If I select "Lock" within Enpass, I can successfully re-open it with my pin - my pin is correct.

It's really when Enpass locks by itself and computer goes to sleep that the pin no longer works.

Any idea?

hey @nonsibicunctis & @MikeStp Thank you for reportting this issue. I will certainly look into this matter further. To assist with our investigation, could you please provide the following information:
1. Enpass version - (is it the latest one v6.9.5, if not please do the try and share your feedback)
2. OS version
I would also would like to second @AnakinCaesar's workaround, if you can try this and share your feedback.