Enpass Discussion Forum

Change data location of enpass data

wormie_dk

• 1 year later...

The ability to change the primary vault location is important to me as I dual boot and run Enpass in both Linux and MS Win. Up until recently I was able to use the same vault for both operating systems. The linux version still has the change location button but the MS Win version doesn't. It would be very useful to have it back.

• 2 years later...

Hi @gonegolfin

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

The option to change database location is only available for app downloaded from Enpass website. If you have downloaded Enpass from app store, it won’t be possible to change the database location. To change the database location in website version, please follow these steps:

• Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @gonegolfin

Welcome to the Enpass Forums.

The option to change database location is only available for app downloaded from Enpass website. If you have downloaded Enpass from app store, it won’t be possible to change the database location. To change the database location in website version, please follow these steps:

• Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

Hi Abhishek. As I stated, I am using the website version. I am not using the appstore version.

I am in the application and I do not see a "Settings" item. I did just find "Preferences" which has an "Advanced" tab. I can now see the "Data Location" entry.

I would suggest this capability be added when the Vault is created.

Brian

1 minute ago, gonegolfin said:

Hi Abhishek. As I stated, I am using the website version. I am not using the appstore version.

I am in the application and I do not see a "Settings" item. I did just find "Preferences" which has an "Advanced" tab. I can now see the "Data Location" entry.

I would suggest this capability be added when the Vault is created.

Brian

I see that Enpass does not support a Network drive, which is very unfortunate. I would like to keep the data on my secure network assessible NAS, not the individual machines (I understand the feature set that I would lose). Not allowing this as an option makes it less secure. Can this request be added to the product request backlog?

Brian