Enpass Discussion Forum

Firefox extension gets disabled

Pete1001

The Firefox extension (add-on) works initially, when I install it from Enpass, but the next time I boot up Windows 10 and try to open it, it won't work. Neither the hotkey combinatuion, nor the toolbar icon bring up Enpass. I have to reinstall the add-on from Enpass for it to work again.

I have checked that NMHost is installed and that it's referenced in the registry.

Could it be antivirus-related?

Enpass version: 5.6.19 (5548)

Windows 10

Firfox plugin version: 5.5.2

Antivirus: Kaspersky free

Hey @Pete1001,

Sorry for the trouble you're going through.

To check if the Antivirus is blocking please turn off the firewall from Antivirus settings or you can try starting your system in safe mode. 

If the problem persists, please perform these steps and share the output at support@enpass.io:

Open Enpass and make sure that only the Enpass Firefox extension is enabled, now run the following command in command prompt:

• netstat -ano | findstr 10391

If this doesn't show any result, please try 10391 to 10395.

Whichever command gives the output, then run this command:

• echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10391') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Note: The value of findstr 10391 can be changed according to the output. For ex: suppose the output comes after running this command "netstat -ano | findstr 10392" then you have to run this command: 

•  echo off & (for /f "tokens=5" %a in ('netstat -aon ^| findstr 10392') do tasklist /NH /FI "PID eq %a") & echo on

Also, please let me know are you facing the same problem with other browsers (Chrome/Opera) too?

Thanks for your co-operation.