Enpass Discussion Forum

Missing UI icons in version 6.0.0.(230)

pjahn

I installed enpass 6.0.0 (2.3.0) on Windows 10 (Version 1809, Build 17763.195). There are UI icons missing as you can see in the following screenshots. I tried reinstalling the software but that did not resolve the issue.

The icons are missing in several areas of the UI. Instead of the icons small rectangles are shown. Can you help me with that issue? Thanks for your help.

image.thumb.png.6b4afd0d39189807e56b0079efe9cae4.png

image.png.3dbd95ddc15a77f005878dfdcab3c02f.png

I'm also having icon issues on Windows 10 Version 1803, Build 17134.471. I tried with both the Windows Store app and the Traditional Win-32.

I get icons on the left hand side but they are out of place / overlap. I get no icons in the menu and have to hover around to find the buttons from when the ToolTip text pops up.

2019-01-03_10-34-06.png

First of all, I should say that Enpass versions for iOS and MacOS looks awesome, but when I tried to install the application 32-bit (Enpass version from the windows store is blocked by our company policy), I was really surprised and disappointed about how the application looks like (see attached).

It there a way to download a not buggy (ideally 64bit) version of the program?

Thanks!

2019-01-08 11_23_50-.png

2019-01-08 11_31_32-Create New Topic - Enpass Forum.png

2 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi all,

There seems a font family name clash. Icons in are provided by "fontawesome" (v5) embedded in Enpass binary. Enpass is picking up another font installed in your system.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks.

How can I check, which font family is used by the Enpass?

• 2 weeks later...

Prompted by this discussion I downloaded and installed the free FontAwesome 5 fonts: Brands Regular, Free Regular and Free Solid.  Reopened Enpass and it made no difference.  I'm on 6.0.2, build 240, no updates currently available.

This is really unacceptable.  Surely Enpass has been provided with enough info here to recreate and debug the problems of their own making?  Also unacceptable is a dependency on a 3rd party product that has to be installed separately, especially when that dependency is unstated.  This just looks unprofessional from start to finish.  And all this time the Windows app takes quite a bit of figuring out with no icons.

I really don't like anything about Enpass 6, it's only served to renew my desire to find a decent open source cross platform password manager. 

Edit: Confirming that problem persists in latest release 6.0.3 (build 263).

Edited by MeatMachine
Update 2019-03-18: Hooray, fixed in 6.06.

• 2 weeks later...