Enpass Discussion Forum

Touch ID Not Usable

PianoAl

I spent money solely to use Touch ID with Enpass. I reasoned that it would be quicker and more secure than entering a PIN.

However, you can't just use the Touch ID. You have to first click a button to choose Touch ID and then put your finger on the reader. Sure, it doesn't seem like much work, but it's much easier to just enter the PIN (especially if you have numbers that can be typed with one hand). Try it, and you'll see.

I have the same problem ... why is the Touch ID not available right at the start of Enpass? And also if Enpass is locked and i switch to Enpass?

Everytime i have to choose Touch ID first ... very annoying and time-wasting ... :(
Please change it or let the user choose, which option he wanna use first. Password or Touch ID.

Marcel

5 hours ago, Vinod Kumar said:

Hi @maeck,

Touch ID should automatically popup when you open Enpass from browser extension or from menu bar. Main Enpass windows does not automatically show it. You can use "Cmd+." shortcut to activate it till we add this option.

Thanks.

Hi Vinod,

"Touch ID should popup" but it doesn't. With the new Update 6.0.2 I can use only Password at startup, no Touch ID icon available. After first login and lock it's possible to choose Touch ID symbol, but it's not automatically available.

On 1/8/2019 at 4:56 PM, maeck said:

Hi Vinod,

"Touch ID should popup" but it doesn't. With the new Update 6.0.2 I can use only Password at startup, no Touch ID icon available. After first login and lock it's possible to choose Touch ID symbol, but it's not automatically available.

I have the same problem on my Mac. Is here a solution in Work?

• 6 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 6:55 PM, zyghom said:

on first use you should use master password by design - otherwise it is a security issue

Yes, on the first launch or after a defined timeout, it certainly needs to trigger the master password.

But after that, Touch ID identification should be the default option without requiring me to click on the touch id symbol in the Enpass interface.