Enpass Discussion Forum

unable to install firefox browser extension

joschach

Hi,

today, I've tried to login to a website as usual by using the browser-extension of enpass. As this was not working, I checked the Add-On-Page of my browser and saw an errormessage, that the extension "could not be verified for use in Firefox and has been disabled". The suggested fix was to remove the extension and install a new version.

When I try to install Version 6.0.2 of the browser extension, I get the error, that "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt".

I'm using Firefox Version 66.0.3 (64-bit) on a KUbuntu 16.04 with recent updates and Enpass 6.0.6 (323).

Has anyone any suggestions what I can do?

Hi @joschach

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

All the Firefox extensions have been broken for many users since Friday 3 May 2019 after Mozilla failed to renew a certificate. Firefox has already resolved the problem in the recent release v66.0.4. Please update your browser to the latest version and let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. I've suspected something like that but couldn't find anything about it.

Ubuntu 16.04 still didn't get an update on Firefox but I've found a link to a hotfix to solve the problem, which works for me.

https://storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/hotfix-update-xpi-intermediate%40mozilla.com-1.0.2-signed.xpi

Best Regards

• Like 1