Enpass Discussion Forum

Developmentplan

edenhaus

Hi all,

this forum is new, but already user created topics of features, where already a topic exist. So my idea is (as already some other big forums have) to create a fixed topic at the beginning of the feature-subforum, where the enpass-team and only the enpass team post the developmentplan and every user can read it.

To give you an example:

If a user open the feature-subforum, he will check first the development-topic to verify, if his wanted feature is already under development. If not, he will create a new topic. Another advantage is that everyone can see in one moment, which features are implemented soon and which not without looking at each topic.

This topic(idea) is more a logistic idea for the forum and I want to here your opinion. What do you think, should the enpass-team provide this fixed "developmentplan" topic or not?

Cheers,

edenhaus

• Like 2

Hello @edenhaus

Noted! Thanks for your suggestion to improve the efficiency and quality of Forums. We are also internally discussing ways to improve the development transparency with our users.

The major problem in posting the development plan as a pinned topic for all supported platforms is to define the ETA. Along with the ETA, the another problem is to protect the similar feature being discussed in different product categories. For the time being, we are pinning the most requested feature Topics in our Feature request. 

I think it would also be worth flagging topics as [Solved] or [Released] to help clearly know if a topic has been concluded. A simple title change would work.

The other problem I am seeing is a bunch of +1 posts on feature requests. I don't know this forum software, but maybe there is a way to star or flag a topic. It would also be useful for the dev team to know what the majority of users really want.

• Like 1

Hi @Michael

We will look further into pinning the Forum topics. 

10 hours ago, Michael said:

The other problem I am seeing is a bunch of +1 posts on feature requests.

Along with every post, members gets an option to upvote/downvote or to give reputation using corresponding Green up/Red down and a Heart button. May be they just didn't use that.

• Like 1