Enpass Discussion Forum

master password

cactusem

I changed my master password and forgot what I changed it to. I went a few months back and restored an Enpass backup with my original password. So far so good. Then I changed my password and this time I wrote it down. The new password worked on my desktop, iPhone and iPad. HOWEVER I cannot update Enpass anymore. It always says I am putting in the wrong password even tho I open the program all the time with the password I am entering. 

What, if anything, can I do to fix this? Thanks for any help. 

Emily

Hey @cactusem,

Sorry for the trouble you are going through.

16 hours ago, cactusem said:

HOWEVER I cannot update Enpass anymore. It always says I am putting in the wrong password even tho I open the program all the time with the password I am entering. 

Can you please explain the scenario in detail " HOWEVER I cannot update Enpass anymore". Additionally, it would be a great if you can share this issue at support@enpass.io for us to troubleshoot better.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Thanks for getting back to me. As you know on a Mac it notifies you when there are updates to your software (unless you have auto update on which I don't). So if I install the update to Enpass (by clicking on update Enpass on the update tab in the App Store) and then try to open the database, it tells me I am using an incorrect master password. 

I always do a complete backup before I try the update so then what I have been doing is just trash the new updated Enpass and grab my old one from my backup and all works well...except my program has none of the benefits in the updates. 

Get Info says I am using version 5.6.11 of Enpass. 

Not sure how to 'share this issue' at the support link you suggested. I'll do it if you guide me. 

Hey @cactusem,

Thanks for writing back.

13 hours ago, cactusem said:

Not sure how to 'share this issue' at the support link you suggested. I'll do it if you guide me. 

You can write an email to us at support@enpass.io along with these details so that we can share troubleshooting steps:

• Which desktop, iPhone and iPad (Os version) are you using?
  • Which Enpass version are you using on each device?
  • Which cloud services are you using to sync?

Thanks for your co-operation.