Enpass Discussion Forum

Delete custom icons completely (database file size remains unchanged)

SVM

Hi,

when I upload a custom icon in Enpass, the vault/database file size increases on my local computer and on my cloud storage, of course. But when I delete an icon, it disappears, but the file size of the Enpass database doesn't decrease. Is the icon really deleted?

This is the reason why I don't use custom icons yet, because I'd always increase the file size of the Enpass database file every single time I test whether an icon I upload looks good in the item list or not and I don't want that. Is there a way to completely delete an icon and restore the original file size of the database as it was before uploading the icon? Is this maybe a bug?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Please implement the "vacuum" command.

I've added a lot of custom icons and then, when I've seen a slowdown in synchronization, I started removing them, but the DB size didn't change...

I've tried opening it with this tool ( https://sqlitebrowser.org/ ) to shrink/compact it, but it is password protected...

So, in a long-term vision, this is a must-have feature: the DB cannot grow forever! KeepassXC performs it automatically when saving, while 1Password can compact the DB on-demand from the "Help" menu.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 10:58 AM, Dentonthebear said:

Hi All,

Just out of interest when you say your databases are growing, just how large have they got?

I'm now at 858kB 

But even when I remove stuff it won't shrink It will just make it bigger. For me it's not a big problem yet but it will be.

enpass.PNG

Edited by TREMOR