Enpass Discussion Forum

Migration from KeepassXC to Enpass

Tian

Hi. I'm trying to migrate from KeepassXC to Enpass, but Enpass seems to be not very convenient. Maybe I just use it in a wrong way.

I exported all password to a *.csv file. Then I edit the file with LibreOffice and imported it to Enpass. Then all my passwords was saved in the categorie "Login", but there was no structur within them. In KeepassXC I had different Groups, like a group for common websites with different subgroups, a group for creditcards, a group for Software. All this was gone. I could see that Enpass still has this information, each record still show a field which is called "Group", but there was no way to use it as a structure in Enpass.
So I made new Tags with the same structure in Enpass and moved all my 2000 passwords manuell to this Tags and Subtags. But this isn't as useful than I thought.
When I use Enpass in my Browser on my Android phone to automatically fill the user & password field, it doesn't show me the tags. So I have to choose between different possible accounts without seeing the Tags.

Of course I can open the app and then open the tags first, but also can't search within a single tag.

I could use categories instead of tags, but it would require a lot different categories to fit all my passwords and as I can't create sub categories, this doesn't look useful to me.

Also Enpass ask me every single time I entered a password manuel in my browser, if I want to save it in Enpass, even it already exists.

Is there a smart way to get a structure within Enpass?

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 4:01 PM, Tian said:

When I use Enpass in my Browser on my Android phone to automatically fill the user & password field, it doesn't show me the tags. So I have to choose between different possible accounts without seeing the Tags.

I have also tested autofill with Keepass2Android and Enpass - both work in Firefox but do not in Chrome (stable and beta).
(Nexus 5X on PixelExperience, Android 9).

• 4 weeks later...

For users who want to change the password manager, Enpass is like pain in the a**.

I'm testing enpass (trying to import my 1Password data) since years and it always fails to import anything.

My recommendation: KeePassXC or Bitwarden - there the 1Password data import works smoothly

Hi @Area

Apologies for the unpleasant experience while 1Password import. Kindly share the 1Password version and the Enpass version you're using. We do have some thoughts about how to address this difficulty. Moreover, we will be releasing a new version of Enpass soon, in which we have fixed some of the issues related to import.

Thanks.