Kai

Note Field and Main Window (macOS)

hi there,

i enjoy using enpass now for a few month and really like it a lot!

two things which make working with it for me difficult are:

1) the note field is in edit mode far too small. i use it extensively and scrolling in this tiny window is a pain... ;)

2) the main window disappears after a certain time (i don't know why at all). since i cmd-tab to switch apps it does not appear when selecting the enpass app-icon. getting it back means moving to the menu bar and clicking on window -> main window. a couple of times a day... so it would be great if this window could just stay open or alternatively a shortcut to get it back to the front. like cmd-1 or so.

hope you can add these changes soon in a future update. thanks a lot! kai

Hey @Kai,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your positive words and feedback..

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Kai said:

the note field is in edit mode far too small. i use it extensively and scrolling in this tiny window is a pain

We're working on improving the Notes functionality. 

On 1/17/2020 at 11:53 PM, Kai said:

the main window disappears after a certain time (i don't know why at all). since i cmd-tab to switch apps

While we're forwarding your request to the development team for further analysis, could you please share the Enpass and the Mac OS version?

Thanks.

hey kashish, 

thanks for your replies and great that you might bring these changes in the future!!!

a shortcut to call the main window would be very helpful! (cmd +1 or something)

i use enpass 6.3.3 (584) on macos 10.14.6

best wishes, kai 

@Kai

Thanks for writing in.

You can set the system-wide hot key(shortcut) to launch Enpass from anywhere in the system. Please be informed that the shortcut by default is < CMD+/ > You can create the shortcuts from your browser extension’s settings by following the below steps:

1- If you are using Firefox browser-

Click on Browser's menu bar -> Go on 'Add on' -> Click on 'Preferences' -> ENABLE
and view/change the keyboard shortcut.
1- If you are using Chrome browser-

Click on Browser's menu bar -> Go on 'More tools' -> Click on 'Extensions' -> go on Enpass details -> Open 'Enpass Extension option'.
For more details, please go through the user manual.

Thanks!

hi garima, 

thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

i meant a different function for the shortcut. i mean a shortcut within the enpass programm. like under "window" minimize (cmd-m).

in the same menu is the "main window" (have to translate from german "hauptfenster"). that really needs a shortcut on its own! because that mainwindow keeps disappering the moment the app goes in hide  (cmd-h in finder).

thanks again! best wishes, kai 

Hey @Kai

We really appreciate you for exploring the app and giving time in finding this valuable suggestion. The suggestion has been noted and forwarded to the development team for further consideration.

Thanks for the fantastic suggestion!

dear garima, thank you also for listening and improving the app! and please do not forget the bigger notes field in edit mode! ;) best wishes, kai 

• Like 1

hello again,

what happens ist this and it bothers me a lot meanwhile:

i have the app in the forground and hit cmd-h to hide it. 

if i want it back in the foreground (usually cmd-tab) the main window is gone. 

is this intended (security) behaviour? if so i would love to have an option to turn it off. so that the main window is alway available. 

the mentioned shortcut above to get it back is just a worksaround in my opinion. 

please please thing about this and talk to you developers.

thank you so much! and i hope for an update soon ;) best wishes, kai