New user here.

I cannot get Enpass to autofill or create automatically a new login. Its happenning on both Firefox and Chrome browsers on win 10. I am sure I have ticked all the boxes but still no luck. My old Roboform used to jump in straight away to fill forms, logins or save a new login.

If login on an existing site with its loging info already saved then clicking on the enpass icon in the browser it will show the correct entry but it wont offer to autofill.

What have I missed? Any help will be appreciated...

Hi @stavrich,

Welcome to the forums!

Please have a look at our user manual regarding how autofill works in Enpass and if the issue persists, share the details so we can further investigate:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass and Enpass extension version are you using?
  • Which Chrome version are you using?
  • Are you facing the same problem with other browsers too?
  • Are you using any Antivirus or third-party security-related extension?

Thanks for the advice. To be honest I expected a different behaviour on Autofilling

I didnt realise I needed to manually launch Enpass Assistant. I expected this to be automatic. Enpass should automatically offer to fill the login, credit card or form.

A similar behaviour as the one for  saving a new login. I think this is the normal behaviour of most password managers.

It should be easy to implement - you already have it for new logins.

Can this be done?

Hi @stavrich,

Thanks for writing back in.

Enpass is an offline password manager auto-filling in the browser needs Enpass browser extensions, which are the plugins installed in the web-browsers to let them communicate directly with the main Enpass app. Enpass browser extension does the task of reading web pages to assist.

I understand fully. But the point I am making is that autofilling an existing login is not as friendly as other password managers. I am experimenting at this moment with 3 password managers. Enpass , Myki and Sticky and all using brower extensions.

Myki and Sticky jump out straight away volunteering to fill the information - actually they attach themselves in the user and password login boxes. Enpass on the other hand expects me to go and click on the icon first. Why?

So far I prefer Enpass as the other have other issues that I find more annoying or missing other functions - eg one of them  lacks the functionality of "click-to-call" a phone number or "mailto" in the notes ( you could say is a minor thing but it could be very annoying trying to copying or remembering the number in order to make a call or send an email. I am glad is available in Enpass.

I believe what I am asking will help make a very good app even better. Sometimes small changes like make the Autofill more AUTOfill can make the app more friendlier and easier to use.

Main question to you. Are you a company that appreciate user's suggestions and do something about it...

Bonus to you is that you are monitoring this forum and you are very prompt... definitely a bonus to Empass.

• Like 1

Hi @stavrich

Thanks for writing to us.

We are always listening to user's feedback and welcome user's suggestion for improvements, so thank you for getting in touch. I shall pass your comments onto our development team.

Thanks.