Jump to content
OptiqueMarquis

Your privacy policy is a disgrace!

Recommended Posts

Quote

We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may also include the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, country, language, and data about your browsing activity when using our Platform. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Platform.

Quote

 

We may track your behavior from device to device by gathering the following data

  • Device name
  • Install ID (UDID)
  • Device type
  • Installed OS and version
  • Device Language
  • Device Country

We use the information we get from this technology to analyze traffic behavior, improve our marketing and advertising.

 

Quote

You may share your information with third parties such as Facebook.com, Twitter.com, YouTube.com, Instagram.com, and Google.com. If you decide to login to our Platform using these third parties or other social media websites, you are agreeing to let us use and store your profile information from those websites to make better use of any social media features on our Platform. This sharing of information helps us provide you a better experience when using our Platform and services. It also provides us with useful information such as visitor traffic. If you use any of the social sharing icons on our Platform to share our information, you may also be sharing your personal information through social media websites.

Quote

We may share your PD with our business partners. The business partners include general business partners, affiliates, and joint venture partners. We share this information with them so that they can send you information about our products and services as well as their products and services. When you choose to take part in our services and/or offerings, you are authorizing us to provide your email address and other PD to our business partners. Please understand that when we share your PD with our business partners, your PD becomes subject to our business partners’ as well as our privacy notice.

 

What is wrong with you people??

 

This is beyond reasonable. you are literraly spying on your users who pay to use your product.

 

It is worse than those free chinese apps on the playstore. 

 

 

how do i export my password out of your app? i'm done with you. lost all respect and trust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth reading in full https://www.enpass.io/privacy-notice/

The part that concerns me is sharing personal data (name, email) with their business partners. Name and email is not a lot of information, but it’s still something and I would have preferred they dont do that

Edited by John Doe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ya and by "business partners" you can bet you'll find the likes of facebook, twitter, google and the rest of the lot.

 

what irritates me most is that i trusted their browser extension. god knows what kind of information that sneaky thing collected.

 

anyways i'm done with enpass. already switched to another service. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OptiqueMarquis

As a user, we totally understand your concern about privacy and security of your data stored in Enpass, and we care for it. Nothing has changed in Enpass technically. 
It may look horrible but if we go into the details, things will look transparent. 
 

First thing first—At any point of time, we do not have access to the data secured in Enpass. It can never be accessed without your master password.

23 hours ago, OptiqueMarquis said:

We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information may also include the IP address of your computer/the proxy server you use to access the Internet, your Internet service provider’s name, your web browser type, the type of mobile device, your computer operating system, country, language, and data about your browsing activity when using our Platform. We use all this information to analyze trends among our users to help improve our Platform.

This is a very standard practice when you are on the Internet and visit any website. If you open our website, visit our forums, your IP address with other technical information is used by the third-party forum software and spam detection services. We do not store your IP if you are only using our App.  
 

23 hours ago, OptiqueMarquis said:

We may track your behavior from device to device by gathering the following data

  • Device name
  • Install ID (UDID)
  • Device type
  • Installed OS and version
  • Device Language
  • Device Country

We use the information we get from this technology to analyze traffic behavior, improve our marketing and advertising.

This information is collected and used to activate your license on the devices you're using Enpass. Also, we need this to notify you whenever a license is activated on any new device. 

23 hours ago, OptiqueMarquis said:

You may share your information with third parties such as Facebook.com, Twitter.com, YouTube.com, Instagram.com, and Google.com. If you decide to login to our Platform using these third parties or other social media websites, you are agreeing to let us use and store your profile information from those websites to make better use of any social media features on our Platform. This sharing of information helps us provide you a better experience when using our Platform and services. It also provides us with useful information such as visitor traffic. If you use any of the social sharing icons on our Platform to share our information, you may also be sharing your personal information through social media websites.

This is a standard clause and is applicable only when you register yourself using social media services i.e. "Sign-in with Google" and "Sign-in with Apple", or if you use these service icons on our website footer to follow us on share any of our content on your social media.

23 hours ago, OptiqueMarquis said:

We may share your PD with our business partners. The business partners include general business partners, affiliates, and joint venture partners. We share this information with them so that they can send you information about our products and services as well as their products and services. When you choose to take part in our services and/or offerings, you are authorizing us to provide your email address and other PD to our business partners. Please understand that when we share your PD with our business partners, your PD becomes subject to our business partners’ as well as our privacy notice.

The previous Indian company still develops and manages Enpass, like before, and this clause covers them as our business and joint-venture partner. Again, please note your data in Enpass app is not your PD we have.

Let us know if you have further queries or concerns, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find all the explanations given plausible as users can limit the features they use (like signing in with Google) to avoid tracking. 
The paragraph that troubles me is the last one where you talk about this Indian company. Not only we don’t know what company is that or what they do (are they a conglomerate of SW development + tracking + marketingthat could also resell the information?) Unfortunately this clause also leaves the door open to enable any other third party company to get access to tracking data and that is not acceptable to me.

As I’m considering to move to the Pro version, is there any way protect privacy in a better way like disabling information sharing?. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Hobs,

Welcome to the forms!

As a user ourselves, we totally understand your concern about privacy and security of your data stored in Enpass, and we care for it.

First things first—At any point of time, we do not have access to the data saved in Enpass. It can never be accessed without the master password you choose. Neither can we share the data with any government or an agency as the data is never stored on a company's server; it is stored offline on the user’s device.

Thanks for understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I understand that the vault is isolated and that no one has access to its data. My question was regarding the tracking of activity and other PD you collect and how that is treated. Can you shed more light on this topic in particular, the third parties you share it with and this Indian company? . Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with others users about the concerns with PD sharing. I moved from Google Chrome password manager  to Enpass because of privacy concerns and I would move to another PM if you are selling our data. Can we have the option to opt-out of sharing the data?

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Thanks for reading our Privacy notice and your queries on it. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, Hobs said:

Yes, I understand that the vault is isolated and that no one has access to its data. My question was regarding the tracking of activity and other PD you collect and how that is treated. Can you shed more light on this topic in particular, the third parties you share it with and this Indian company? . Thanks. 

The purpose of collecting the PD (esp. email) is to validate the subscription and unlock the related functionalities across devices. We collect the following information for Cross-device tracking

  • Device name
  • Install ID (UDID)
  • Device type
  • Installed OS and version
  • Device Language
  • Device Country

We collect the least information required to do the necessary functionalities for license management across devices and notifying users for Enpass activation on devices, including marketing activities, to analyze cross-device usage. 

The clause of sharing data with business partners is solely to cover the relation between Enpass and Sinew. Sinew is the Indian entity responsible for developing and maintaining Enpass. We have recently changed the principal place of business to the US from India, and the transition of apps is under progress. As soon as the transition is done, we'll update the policy to avoid any confusion for our users. Both the Enpass technologies Inc and the Indian entity are under the same leadership.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:41 PM, BeanBagChair said:

I agree with others users about the concerns with PD sharing. I moved from Google Chrome password manager  to Enpass because of privacy concerns and I would move to another PM if you are selling our data. Can we have the option to opt-out of sharing the data?

Thank you!

Your concern is totally valid, and we appreciate it. As clearly mentioned in our notice, we do not sell or rent your PD to anyone or third party services. Stay assured that your data with Enpass is safe and secure.

Thanks.
Vikram Dabas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...