Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass 6 constant cpu usage with webdav syncing when locked in background

lucesan

Hello,

I noticed that Enpass constantly use up to 3% of cpu when it simply stays in background. I made some tests and I discovered that cpu usage drop to 0 when I manualy sync the vault but after a while it goes up again and If I unlock the main app I can see the vault icon spinning again, meaning, I guess, it was trying to sync. I've been using webdav since some months and I've never noticed the issue before, when I was syncing with icloud, so maybe it's related to enpass struggling to sync with webdav when locked in background.

It's not a big issue but maybe there is a bug there you can fix.

Regards.

Edited by lucesan

Hey @lucesan

Thanks for writing in.

Every time you unlock your Enpass key-chain, an auto-sync is initiated (If Sync is turned on) and Auto-sync also happens after every 15 secs, while the app is in the foreground. Also, when you save any change in item details or master password, Enpass waits for 5 secs and initiates an auto-sync.

To check CPU usage, please share the below info for testing purpose:

• On which device (along with OS version) are you having this issue?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?
  • The number of items and vaults in Enpass?

Thanks for the co-operation.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

MacMini (late 2012) Intel core i7 with MacOS 10.14.6

Enpass 6.4.2, 392 items and 2 vaults (but the secondary is nearly empty and I just synch the primary).

Webdav on my NAS.

The issue is very easy to reproduce:

When Enpass is locked, right after a reboot, i.e, it takes up to 3.6% of cpu, constantly, until the first time I unlock it. When It gets synched, the cpu usage drops to 0%, for a while, until it eventually tries to synch again when locked. Unlocking, through the app or the internet plugin, fixes the problem again.

Regards,

Edited by lucesan