Jump to content
romu

[Manjaro] Can't start in tray

Recommended Posts

Hi,

First, thanks for the very useful software. I've tried similar ones, but yours is the best!

 

I've been using Enpass for a few years now, but in Ubuntu. I have recently switched to Manjaro, and I can't seem to find a way to start it minimized to the tray.

 

In Settings>General, I have "Open Automatically at Startup" checked (works fine). "Always run Assistant in docked mode" I have tried on and off, and I noticed no difference.

In Settings>Customize, I have "Unlock Sound", "Use Dark Theme", "Show Items Count in Sidebar", "Show Subtitles", "Use dark tray icons" and "Use Website Icons".

Am I missing something?

 

I'm compiling from the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enpass-bin

 

Cheers

Edited by romu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @romu,

Welcome to the forums!

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

  • On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, romu said:

Hi,

First, thanks for the very useful software. I've tried similar ones, but yours is the best!

I've been using Enpass for a few years now, but in Ubuntu. I have recently switched to Manjaro, and I can't seem to find a way to start it minimized to the tray.

In Settings>General, I have "Open Automatically at Startup" checked (works fine). "Always run Assistant in docked mode" I have tried on and off, and I noticed no difference.

In Settings>Customize, I have "Unlock Sound", "Use Dark Theme", "Show Items Count in Sidebar", "Show Subtitles", "Use dark tray icons" and "Use Website Icons".

Am I missing something?

I'm compiling from the AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enpass-bin

I have a similar installation, but no issues here. I'm currently running Manjaro KDE. App auto starts in tray made successfully. I do not have `Always run Assistant in docked mode` enabled.

I'd be curious to hear if you're running the KDE Plasma desktop or possibly one of the other Manjaro desktop environments where the tray service may not register the QT tray icon properly, etc. 

Edited by genbushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @romu,

Welcome to the forums!

Please share the following details so that we can investigate where the problem could be.

  • On which device (along with OS version) are you using Enpass?
  • Which Enpass version are you using?

Hi

 

I'm currently only using it on PC, Manjaro Linux. As I said on original post, I'm compiling from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/enpass-bin

The about tab says version 6.4.1 (643).

 

@genbushi Yes, I'm running the xfce DE. But the minimize to tray function worked fine for me on Xubuntu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 8:34 PM, romu said:

 

 Yes, I'm running the xfce DE. But the minimize to tray function worked fine for me on Xubuntu.

Hmmmm... guessing it may be something with the XFCE Manjaro tray and the underlying QT. Manjaro XFCE may be on a slightly more recent version of XFCE? Using it on Manjaro KDE, Gnome and Cinnamon has worked as intended. 

Let's hope the Enpass devs are able to get some further testing and a new build out. I think with the latest round of major releases (Ubuntu 20.04, Manjaro 20.x, KDE Plasma 5.19, Gnome 3.36.x, XFCE 4.14.x) there's a few underlying issues with how QT is being handled in various desktop environments. Ubuntu/Xubuntu plays things very conservative, whereas Manjaro is a bit more latest-release (which is why we all love it) - so may be some tweaks needed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @romu,

We need a little input from your side so please share the following details:

  • Which Manjaro version are you using?
  • Which QT version has been installed.
  • XFCE version?
  • Also, let us know Linux/Kernel version are you using?

Thanks for your co-operation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pratyush Sharma said:

Hi @romu,

We need a little input from your side so please share the following details:

  • Which Manjaro version are you using?
  • Which QT version has been installed.
  • XFCE version?
  • Also, let us know Linux/Kernel version are you using?

Thanks for your co-operation.

 

Hi @Pratyush Sharma,

Thanks for the help.

 

Manjaro version is 20.0.3 (latest as of right now).

Using Qt version 5.15.0

XFCE 4.14

Kernels: right now I'm running the Liquorix custom kernel (5.7.9_3-1).

But I've also tried the one shipped with my installation by default (5.6.19-2).

 

Again, many thanks,

Rômulo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have found something related to this issue.

By deleting the saved session in xfce4-session-settings and making sure to not save current session in the shutdown menu, Enpass now starts minimized to tray as it should.

Since session saving is not a must for me (the only need I have for it is having two instances of conky running on startup, and I can achieve the same thing with scripts) this has effectively solved the issue for me.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...