Enpass Discussion Forum

Simple question about autofill username/password

lexvo

From the user manual:

• Click the Enpass icon to launch Enpass Assistant from your browser when you reach a login page.
  • Enpass Assistant will show you the list of all matching login items (already saved) for that domain. Select the one you want to sign in with.
  • Login details will be filled-in automatically.

What it does not mention is that you have to enter your master password in the Assistant. Is that correct? I have to enter the master password each time.

The reason I ask is because with Apple Keychain, I don't have to enter a master password, Keychain just autofills the username and password.

Edited by lexvo

Hey @lexvo

On 4/11/2021 at 6:11 PM, lexvo said:

What it does not mention is that you have to enter your master password in the Assistant. Is that correct? I have to enter the master password each time.

There are 2 scenarios when the Enpass app gets locked and we need to unlock it using the master password of the app or the PIN/Bio-metric feature-

1. When app quits: In these scenarios, the app gets automatically locked. To avoid this, you can control these behavior of Enpass by General setting options of the Enpass app.
  2. Auto-Lock in case of inactivity: Enpass app gets auto-locked as per the settings you have made on the auto-locking behavior of the app. To avoid locking in case of inactivity, you can control the auto-lock behavior by disabling the particular option.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Garima Singh said:

Hey @lexvo

There are 2 scenarios when the Enpass app gets locked and we need to unlock it using the master password of the app or the PIN/Bio-metric feature-

1. When app quits: In these scenarios, the app gets automatically locked. To avoid this, you can control these behavior of Enpass by General setting options of the Enpass app.
  2. Auto-Lock in case of inactivity: Enpass app gets auto-locked as per the settings you have made on the auto-locking behavior of the app. To avoid locking in case of inactivity, you can control the auto-lock behavior by disabling the particular option.

Thanks!

Thank you! I changed the settings and it is working now the way I wanted

• Thanks 1