Enpass Discussion Forum

backup and how to restore

KFM

I am a new user on enpass.   I have installed it on my apple phone.   What happens if I lose my phone?  I saved a backup on my desktop.  At least I think I did.   It is an encrypted download I think.   How will that help me if I lose my phone?

Hey @KFM

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, your backup is encrypted with your master password. Then can restore your backup with:

1. Restore using WiFi: If you have Enpass backup on the desktop, you can restore the data using WiFi restore option from the desktop to mobile device.
  2. Restore from cloud: If you have  synced Enpass data with any cloud on your iPhone, using which you can restore the Enpass data on a new device easily.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi @Mihai,

21 hours ago, Mihai said:

i cannot find the restore option on ios mobile nor desktop version

On the welcome screen of the freshly installed Enpass app on iOS, you will find it under option Restore Existing UserThen you can either restore data from a Cloud Account or from a Backup file ( or over Wifi). You will find these options in Desktop app welcome screen too.

461450196_MicrosoftTeams-image(1).png.fc7d53716b933f1b499463b749f69324.png                                               MicrosoftTeams-image.png.91fa3924bfbd46e3c57d271794ef52ef.png                                        

1671501620_MicrosoftTeams-image(2).png.0003f4ff204fad2e5add92b00c8eee0f.png