Jump to content
Enpass Discussion Forum

New User - Love Enpass - A Few Requests...


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I've finally switched from Dashlane and LOVE Enpass.  I'm very meticulous with my password managers and have been spending quite a lot of time in Enpass getting familiar with it and setting up my items.  Having said that, I have compiled a list of several things I'd like to see get implemented in a future version.  Thanks so much and keep up the great work!

In no particular order:

  1. Wherever you need to enter a date, it would be nice to have a calendar widget pop up to ensure dates are getting entered consistently throughout Enpass. 
  2. There needs to be a better means for updating templates.  Maybe I just don't understand how but I see no way to edit an existing template - but rather only make a copy of it and make my changes there.  But the problem then is that I then have two versions of that template and no way to get rid of the original or even a way to rename the copy I made.  If I make copies of many templates then my create new item menus is going to be very cluttered.
  3. It would be nice to be able to move the default directory for Data Location under the Advanced settings.
  4. Being able to click an Enpass icon in a particular field and it either fills that field based on what the field is requesting and what I have saved in Enpass or, at a minimum, it brings up the floating selection window.  It would be better this way than having to click the shortcut keys.  I think I read somewhere that this is already planned for an update soon.
  5. Being able to collapse the sections in the left sidebar.  Groups like Categories, Tags, Audit, Others should be able to be collapsed or expanded as needed so that there is less scrolling needed based on what you are doing.
  6. Make the task bar and browser extension icons blue instead of grey.  When it is grey it makes you think that it is not active or something.
  7. More themes would be nice.
  8. The overall interface is rather nice, clean and modern but the options windows look very outdated.  Not a big deal but having it look nice would be a bonus.
  9. On a big monitor at high resolution, when you are editing an item, the Save and Cancel buttons are so far apart.  These should be much closer to one another.  I find I am having to drag my cursor back and forth when I start to go for one button but realize I needed the other.
  10. There is too much distance between the data you've entered on an item and the buttons to the right like Copy or Show.  I've found that I accidentally copied the wrong item because I didn't click the right button.
  11. Related to the two above, there is too much empty screen space on an item when you have the program maximized (which I always do).
  12. I like passphrases but I've noticed that even very long ones with numbers and capitals get flagged as being weak.  I don't understand this. I think the way these are assessed and rated should be adjusted.

One more thing.... I read several posts in these forums where people were vigorously debating Tags versus Folders.  I am FIRMLY in the Tags camp as anything you can do with folders, you can do with tags but not the other way around.  Having tags in Enpass was one of the features that got me onboard.

Thanks so much for all you do to make this a great program.  I wish I had found you guys much sooner.  I had been using Dashlane for around 8 years maybe longer.  But when they killed their desktop app they lost me.  Have a blessed day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @urgatorbait

Thank you for sharing these suggestions.

23 hours ago, urgatorbait said:

Being able to click an Enpass icon in a particular field and it either fills that field based on what the field is requesting and what I have saved in Enpass or, at a minimum, it brings up the floating selection window.  It would be better this way than having to click the shortcut keys.  I think I read somewhere that this is already planned for an update soon.

The above mentioned feature is already in our roadmap.

23 hours ago, urgatorbait said:

There needs to be a better means for updating templates.  Maybe I just don't understand how but I see no way to edit an existing template - but rather only make a copy of it and make my changes there.  But the problem then is that I then have two versions of that template and no way to get rid of the original or even a way to rename the copy I made.  If I make copies of many templates then my create new item menus is going to be very cluttered.

You can edit the existing templates from the Customize settings of the Enpass. Steps to edit the existing templates are-

  • Go to settings of Enpass > customize > Click on template under manage  > Select the vault to manage templates of (in case of multiple vault) > Click on Template Name under Existing Custom Templates section > Edit the details > Save.
23 hours ago, urgatorbait said:

Being able to collapse the sections in the left sidebar.  Groups like Categories, Tags, Audit, Others should be able to be collapsed or expanded as needed so that there is less scrolling needed based on what you are doing.

You can also collapse and expand the sections like Categories, Tags, Audit, Others from the left sidebar by single clicking on the section name.

23 hours ago, urgatorbait said:

It would be nice to be able to move the default directory for Data Location under the Advanced settings.

You can change the data location if you install Enpass from the Enpass website (Store version doesn’t have this feature). To change the database location, please follow these steps:

  • Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.
23 hours ago, urgatorbait said:

Having tags in Enpass was one of the features that got me onboard.

Thanks for sharing your inputs on tags management, we’re glad to know that you like this.

Also, we have noted all the suggestions you have shared above and will forward it to the team for further discussion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, Garima Singh said:
On 6/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, urgatorbait said:

Being able to collapse the sections in the left sidebar.  Groups like Categories, Tags, Audit, Others should be able to be collapsed or expanded as needed so that there is less scrolling needed based on what you are doing.

You can also collapse and expand the sections like Categories, Tags, Audit, Others from the left sidebar by single clicking on the section name.

Thanks.  Not sure how I missed that but thanks for letting me know.

 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, Garima Singh said:
On 6/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, urgatorbait said:

It would be nice to be able to move the default directory for Data Location under the Advanced settings.

You can change the data location if you install Enpass from the Enpass website (Store version doesn’t have this feature). To change the database location, please follow these steps:

  • Open Enpass → Under Settings, go to Advanced → Click on Change Location to change the data location.

If I download it from the website and reinstall over my MS store install, will it mess anything up with regards to my database or anything else?

 

On 6/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, Garima Singh said:
On 6/1/2021 at 10:07 AM, urgatorbait said:

There needs to be a better means for updating templates.  Maybe I just don't understand how but I see no way to edit an existing template - but rather only make a copy of it and make my changes there.  But the problem then is that I then have two versions of that template and no way to get rid of the original or even a way to rename the copy I made.  If I make copies of many templates then my create new item menus is going to be very cluttered.

You can edit the existing templates from the Customize settings of the Enpass. Steps to edit the existing templates are-

  • Go to settings of Enpass > customize > Click on template under manage  > Select the vault to manage templates of (in case of multiple vault) > Click on Template Name under Existing Custom Templates section > Edit the details > Save.

I am still quite lost.  I simply do not seem to see how to do this.  Where do I click on the template I want to edit, Under New or Duplicate Existing?  I don't want to create a new one and I don't want to create a duplicate.  Can you please be more specific?  Thanks so much.

image.png.a97f21a67c9e89d0bf5626c74139883b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @urgatorbait

Thanks for writing back.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:06 AM, urgatorbait said:

If I download it from the website and reinstall over my MS store install, will it mess anything up with regards to my database or anything else?

No. It won't mess up unless you have changed the data location to the same folder. The default data location of the website version is Documents folder, while the data location of the Store version of the Enpass is AppData folder. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:06 AM, urgatorbait said:

Where do I click on the template I want to edit, Under New or Duplicate Existing?  I don't want to create a new one and I don't want to create a duplicate.  Can you please be more specific? 

To edit the template, you need to click on the existing template name, which in the attached screenshot is 'vehicle info'. I'm attaching few screenshots for your reference.

Thanks!

1 TEMP.png

2 TEMP.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Garima Singh

Maybe I did not explain myself clearly enough regarding the modification of templates.  I think what you show in your screen prints is how to edit a custom template.  I know how to do that but what I want to do is edit the existing template that comes with Enpass because I do not want to have duplicates.  In other words, I do not want to have ANY custom templates but rather, just make small changes to the ones that come with Enpass by default.  I hope that is more clear.  Can I do this?  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...